VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Guide With Magic Jack

I am not very computer savvy but I am willing to purchase the software if I can receive some information on how to run voiceguide with magicjack. I run a website design business and am only interested in using the software for outbound scripts. I merely want one message played for a live caller, and one for the voicemail. This looks like the most simple software I have found but not sure how the computer integrates itself to work through the magicjack.

Take the cable that goes from MagicJack to your phone and unplug it from the phone and then plug it into the Dialogic card. Calls will then be placed/received through the MagicJack.

Please let us know if you have any questions,

Sorry to jump in to someone else thread, but I have the following questions for the VG Support Team regarding the suggested implementation of Magic Jack (MJ).

1. Say you have a D/41JCT installed on your machine, how would you go about connecting and configuring 4 MJs to the 4 ports in the Dialogic card? I ask because as far as I undertand the MJ driver limits one MJ physical device to be used with a single instance of the driver/software, unless you have found a way to get around this limitation, any suggestions?
  2. During previous VG support threads I was told that using a Dialogic analog card with a VOIP device (VOIP adapter SPA8000) yields to a functional outbound call system but with high inaccuracy in terms of the Human vs. Answering machine detection, or Human Answer tone detection. Does the MJ implementation yield better detection of Human vs AM, than using a Voip Adapter (SPA8000) with a SIP carrier?

Regards,

-r

as far as I undertand the MJ driver limits one MJ physical device to be used with a single instance of the driver/software, unless you have found a way to get around this limitation, any suggestions?

That sounds like a questions better posed to that device's manufacturer. Sounds like that device is designed to only have one installed per system.

Does the MJ implementation yield better detection of Human vs AM, than using a Voip Adapter (SPA8000) with a SIP carrier?

Suspect that it would be worse.

If you want to place outbound calls and perform human/answering machine detection then you should have a good quality telephone connection. ISDN is usually best, VoIP setups depends on what sound/connection quality the VoIP provider delivers. Analog is ok, but usually not as good as ISDN.