VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sandbox / Test Environment For Development

I am very new to working with Voice Guide, however, I am needing to update a very large (543 megs) script in the next couple of months. From what I see, anytime you make a change to a script and save it, the next time it is access, it rebuilds other files. I understand the reason for this, but if I am going to be making several changes and testing, I don't want the 'live' users of the system to have longer than normal wait times due to the script having to rebuild every time I make a change for testing.

With that in mind, I also do not have a local computer with dialogic cards, inbound phone lines, etc. I am wondering if there is a way to simulate a inbound call to test the script locally prior to moving it to a 'live' environment.

Randy

I am needing to update a very large (543 megs) script

Never seen any VoiceGuide script reach anywhere near that size... are you sure it's that big?

the next time it is access, it rebuilds other files.

No such processing/rebuilding is done.

I am wondering if there is a way to simulate a inbound call to test the script locally prior to moving it to a 'live' environment.

Usual approach is to set up a VoIP system using VoiceGuide v7 and Dialogic HMP drivers. Then calls can be placed into system by dialing the IP address of this system directly.

The script file itself is not that large. Let me clarify, again I am very new to voice guide.

The script file, .vgs, is 262 KB. This one is only updated when saved. There are other files which are updated regularly and seem to be more updated after a script save. They are .csv, .vgl, and .xml.

It is a very large reservation system with many large vbscript pulls from the database. If it is not 'rebuilding' anything when the script is modified, why would the first call after saving a change to the script take so much longer prior to the first prompt being played?

We are also using Voice Guide 6.x rather than v7 if that makes a difference. Can I setup V6 to use the IP address call as well and if so, does it have to run the same 'main' script or can I create a testing script and have only the IP call hit it?

Thank you for the assistance and the direction,

Randy

The script file, .vgs, is 262 KB.

That is still a fairly large script. Hard to say why first call takes longer then usual - looks like mybe some longer prompts need to be cached etc. Would need to see the traces.

As a workaround you should update script on live system at time of low call volume and then call into system yourself after new script is saved. This way no normal users of system would experience any delays.

Moving to v7 would probably improve things as well. v7 loads new script as soon as new version is saved. This may speed up response times during that first call.

There are other files which are updated regularly and seem to be more updated after a script save. They are .csv, .vgl, and .xml.

These are log files that store the details of each call the script has processed. You can delete/move/rename them if you wish. If thye do not exist then new ones will be created at next call time.

Can I setup V6 to use the IP address call

No. v6 cannot be used with Dialogic HMP.