VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Volume Too Loud On Outbound Calls

The volume is too high on outbound calls. The .wav file recorded sounds fine. Just the playback on outbound calls is too loud.

I had the volume in the vg.ini set to 100 for some reason. I've tried changing it to 0 and to 10, but it is still just as loud on outbound calls. I've restarted the service each time.

Is there some other parameter used or file to change a setting?

Thanks!

I found the issue. A while back I was having an issue where someone would call in to record a message to be sent out via outbound dialing. They left too long a silence in the begining of the recording. Some cell phones do not like to wait more than 2 seconds to hear any noise (ATT). They then come on and say press 1 to leave a message...

So to get around this, I recorded a short noise file (1/4 sec) with a very quiet noise and then append that to the begining of each recording that goes out in outbound.

This causes the sound file to play too loudly as the noise file is too quiet. I have now decided to remove the noise file so that playback in outbound calls are normal volume.

Is there any way to ensure that recordings on inbound calls have a limit to the dead silence before a recording starts? Can it truncate the beining of the recording so that there is not too long a silence in the begining?

Is there any way to ensure that recordings on inbound calls have a limit to the dead silence before a recording starts? Can it truncate the beining of the recording so that there is not too long a silence in the begining?

You would need to run some external program to post-process the recorded sound files after they are recorded.

Apparently this app can do it from command line: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm but we have not tried it ourselves. There may be other apps that you can use to automate the silence deletion.