VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Avm Fritz Card

I have just downloaded the latest version of voiceguide from you website and am using an AVM Fritz card.

I set up a service using one of your included examples: Voicemail

System answered, however, could hear nothing from the telephone I dialed on. All prompts were being played on the PC with Fritz card.

Voiceguide reacted to all DTMF inputs normally.

What have I done wrong? And how can I resolve this issue?

Regards

JB

Sounds like the cards Wave drivers were not correctly installed - can you

try removing all the wave drives on your system (including any sound card drivers) and then re-installing the COM-Isdn drivers - these include the wave drivers.

To remove other wave drivers got to Control Panel, double clock on System, select the Device Manager tab and go to Sound/Video/Game Controllers entry - then delete all other wave drivers.

You may have to disable the sound card altogether as well to stop Windows from automatically loading it's drivers - to do this just select "Disable" and then select "Uninstall" from the Device Manager.

Please ensure that the Network Audio Protocol is set correctly. From VG Help file:

By default, ComISDN will use "u-Law" if it detected that the version of Windows installed is a US, Canadian or Japan one. For all other countries, it will use "A-Law".

If Windows has not been configured with the correct country setting then it is possible that this setting is incorrect and will need to be set manually. please ensure that it is set to "u-Law" if you are located in US, Canada or Japan, and set it to "A-Law" if you are located in other countries. It may also want to confirm with the telephone company or PBX supplier which protocol should be used - or just try them both and see which one sounds better.

If you are still having problems please post VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)