VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

No Music On Hold

Hi,

First of all, let me say that this is a great product, and the only one we're considering using at the moment. We want to replace our old (and overpriced)

auto-attendant hardware with a PC solution that does voicemail as well, and VG seems to fit the bill rather nicely.

Just one problem: The auto-attendant that we use now does a 'semi-supervised' transfer. It signals hookflash-extension-hookflash for a transfer, which effectively puts the caller on hold while the phone is ringing in our office. VG issues a hookflash before the transfer module, but does not issue the second hookflash, so callers are left with silence because they're not hearing the hold music and they're not sure what's going on!

I've tried issuing the second hookflash manually by routing to a Play module (That plays !) in my script right after the transfer object. The problem is, I want to return to the calling transfer object to check for a fail or timeout, and I can't figure out how!

Also, I'd like the welcome message to stop playing sooner after the caller presses a key. It rambles on for a good 3 seconds after it should, causing the caller to repeatedly press the key. For instance, they pressed 4 for sales twice (44), resulting in them paging the entire office over the intercom system!

When using a Dialogic card you can specify a hookflash character (an exclamation mark) after the extension to be dialed.

Also, I'd like the welcome message to stop playing sooner after the caller presses a key. It rambles on for a good 3 seconds after it should,

Are you using a Dialogic card for testing or a Voice Modem? Some Voice Modems take a long time to stop playing the sound file after a key is pressed - Dialogic cards do not have these problems and stop the playing of sound file immediately.

Another option is to build a the entire transfer sequence out of a series of Play modules - which play the hookflashes, DTMF tones, announcements etc directly...

If you are already using a Dialogic card and are experiencing problems please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

Thanks!

We are using a USB Modem Blaster 56K modem for VG. It's a good all-round modem for voice and data as you'd expect.

I did some more testing today and found out that the PBX behaves differently when the call comes in on an internal extension than it does when the call originated from a Central Office line. The caller gets put on hold as he should and gets the background music.

Thanks for looking in to the problem, anyway.

Is there a possibility that there is a command I can send to the modem that will cause it to stop playing the welcome message much sooner than it does?

Is there a possibility that there is a command I can send to the modem that will cause it to stop playing the welcome message much sooner than it does?

No. That's just how that modem works - we found that trying to use different drivers etc for such modems did not resolve this problem