VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Announced Or Monitored

I try to transfer call, but I don't want to announced call. In both cases VG announcing call. Is that right?

I want to transfer call with MoH, recording without announcing.

Where is difference between:

DIALOUT OR CONFERENCE - MONITORED

DIALOUT OR CONFERENCE - ANNOUNCED

in both cases "Announce Message" is active

In HELP FILE I read that accepting is necessary only in announcement transfer, why VG make this in MONITORED transfer too?

HELP FILE:

Dial and Conference

Monitored

(VoiceGuide v6/v7 only)

1. Dials the second number on another line.

2. Listens to see if the outgoing call is answered by a human or an answering machine. If a human or answering machine answer is detected then VoiceGuide connects the two calls together.

If call is connected VoiceGuide will take the Success path if it is defined, otherwise VoiceGuide will wait and hang up when:

* busy

* maximum conference time limit is reached (settable in VG.INI file)

* digit "*" is pressed during conversation

Dial and Conference

Announced

(VoiceGuide v6/v7 only)

1. Dials the second number on another line.

2. Waits until the outgoing call is answered. When call is answered VoiceGuide plays a message announcing the Caller's ID, and awaits the selection from the called person whether to accept the call or not. "1" is used to accept the call, any other digit is used to decline the call.

If call is accepted VoiceGuide will take the Success path if it is defined, otherwise VoiceGuide will wait and hang up when:

* busy

* maximum conference time limit is reached (settable in VG.INI file)

* digit "*" is pressed during conversation

If you specify the announce message to be played then it will be be played in the Monitored transfer type as well. Then the two parties will be connected without needing any explicit approval from call recipient.

If you do not want the message to be played then do not specify an announce message to be played, just leave that setting empty.

Yes. It will be played before connecting the call if you have specified a sound file to be played as the announce message.

If you do not want the announce message to be played then do not specify an announce message, just leave that setting empty.

No file is selected in Announce Messages but VG is playing default announcement "press one to ..."

I don't see any reason to play announcement but it happens.

post-4030-12948179531_thumb.jpg

post-4030-129481796492_thumb.jpg

post-4030-129481797194_thumb.jpg

post-4030-129481797829_thumb.jpg

Could you please post a trace capturing the call.

(Please .ZIP up traces before posting)