VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg7 And Windows 7

First installation of VG7 on a Windows 7 PC (have previously installed VG6 on WinXP). Everything went fine with installation. Loaded Win 7 drivers from the VoiceGuide website. Using D/4PCI board.

Have the following 2 issues:

1) After a period of time (1 hour ?) calls are not being answered and just ring. Line status shows Ring 1, Ring 2, etc. but doesn't answer. All services appear to be running.

2) When we were using VG6, a caller could 'key ahead' which would interrupt the audio and advance thru the script. That does not appear to be functioning properly. Appears to either ignore the key ahead or misses part of it.

Any ideas or suggestions.

Thanks for any help.

1) After a period of time (1 hour ?) calls are not being answered and just ring. Line status shows Ring 1, Ring 2, etc. but doesn't answer. All services appear to be running.

When running in Evaluation mode the software needs to be restarted ever hour. Please see "Trial Version Limitations" section: http://www.voiceguide.com/vgFeatures.htm

2) When we were using VG6, a caller could 'key ahead' which would interrupt the audio and advance thru the script. That does not appear to be functioning properly. Appears to either ignore the key ahead or misses part of it.

'Key ahead' still works in V7. The sound file will stop playing if a valid DTMF key option is selected. Are you perhaps calling into a system from a poor quality mobile phone connection, and the DTMF tones are just not detected by the Dialogic card? You can look in the vgEngine logs to see if DTMF tone was detected by the Dialogic card. You can post logs here (.ZIP them up first) if you woudld like us to have a look at any call in particular to see what actually happened?

Regarding the DTMF, when keying data on the phone while a WAV is playing, most of the time not all characters are being received. In the engine log, DTMF is only appearing for some of the keys entered. For example, if I enter 1234# I will see 34# in the log. It appears that if I wait until the WAV file is complete before starting to key, it ALWAYS accepts the keystrokes properly (and shows DTMF for each key in the log). I have tried a different Dialog board and the same thing occurs. Any ideas ?

How are you calling into the system? From a mobile phone, or from a landline or from local PBXs extension?

Would suggest checking that you are not using a telephone that does not issue DTMFs clearly, and that connection quality is good.

DTMF detection is done in the Dialogic card, so you should see no differences in DTMF detection between v6 and v7.