VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Responding To Dead Numbers

Hi Support Team

we are using vg6 with a dialogic card for e1 .i.e. 30 lines on a windows xp machine

I am currently saving our dtmf responses to a Mysql database. On dialing out how can i capture information like

call answerd by human

call answered by machine

and more importantly what numbers were dead and unreachable.

what result variable captures this. i know you can setup a script to start before a call is answered while its an inbound call, can this apply when dialing out.

also can i count how many rings it was before the call was answered, what variable to i use ringcount? for outdailing?

Please respond to these questions or direct me to were i can find this information.

Dashboard.

v7 of VoiceGuide has a fuller reporting of outgoing call outcomes through more detailed CDRs and RV values attached to call information.

From description of your requirements it sounds like an upgrade to v7 would meet pretty much all of your needs.

Hi Spport Team

Thanx for the response, but how can do

we are using vg6 with a dialogic card for e1 .i.e. 30 lines on a windows xp machine

I am currently saving our dtmf responses to a Mysql database. On dialing out how can i capture information like

call answerd by human

call answered by machine

and more importantly what numbers were dead and unreachable.

what result variable captures this. i know you can setup a script to start before a call is answered while its an inbound call, can this apply when dialing out.

also can i count how many rings it was before the call was answered, what variable to i use ringcount? for outdailing?

in vg6

your help is much appreciated.

Regards

Dashboard.

In v6 you would need the scripts that are ran when Answering Machine or Live Person is detected to save the record of them being ran.

If you are doing AM/Live detection then you would not be able to run any scripts if call is not answered. This functionality was added in v7.

Also v7 categorizes and saved CDRs by call outcome, so you automatically have a record of what calls were answered and which ones were not.

You can calculate time taken to answer outbound call based on data saved in CDRs. Not possible to know the actual number of rings, just the actual time taken.