VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error On Database Query Module.

I'm using voiceguide 7 for my IVR program. In the program I use Database Query Module for my access database. In database one is Date/Time field, which format is dd/MM/yyyy but Database Query module read data form the field as MM/d/yyyy. For example in my database the date is written as 01/11/2010 but the module read as 11/1/2010. Please help me why it is of?

This may be affected by the locale settings on your system. Suggest try setting the Windows date settings to the desired format and see if this resolves things.

If you can post the debug trace capturing the database query module execution then we may better see what is going on.

What happens when the date is something that cannot be interpreted as mm/dd/yyyy, eg: 30/9/2010 ?

I already have kept my computer's settings as dd/MM/yyyy. When Query modules reads 01/11/2010 like to 11/1/2010 then "say number module" say the date as November twelve while it should say as November first. I think all these problems are coming by database query module beacause of module is not read zero before 1 to 9 date in date field.

1122_1453_vgEngine.txt

Maybe the MS Access database has a setting which determines how dates are converted to a string? Or its default date representation is mm/dd/yyyy ?

You can right-click on the date column in Design Mode and you will find a Format property.

Some articles on internet suggest that you can specify the returned Date format within the SQL query string itself. Eg:

Select Format(myDate, 'dd/mm/yyyy') From Table