VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Is Anyone Using A D/300 Or D/240 Card?

Looking at other posts on this forum, it looks as if most people use analogue cards with VoiceGuide. Is anyone out there using ISDN with a Dialogic D/240 or D/300 card? If so, how difficult was this to set up and did it do everything you wanted it to do? Were there any drwabacks?

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

There is a large number of sites using VoiceGuide with D/240 cards on Robbed Bit T1 lines, and D/300 cards on Line Side/CAS E1lines. These are a bit tricky to set up but are still a lot easier to set up then ISDN... We also have customers who have set up ISDN lines - but these took a long time to configure right and there were a lot of protocol sorting out issues along the way - a number of clients who wanted to set up ISDN ended up setting Robbed Bit / CAS instead just to save time and hassle.

Are you setting up T1 or E1 lines? What ISDN protocol must you set up? Can you use Robbed Bit / CAS instead?

I am in the UK so would be using an E1 line. I am new to this and not sure what cas and robbed bit is.

Could you explain?

They are different protocols that the T1/E1 lines can be configured.

Ask your telephone company what different protocols they can set up the line as, and see if they can set it up as Line-side or CAS

If you are not at all familiar with E1 lines I’d recommend first starting off with an analog system...

I have a choice of 2 providers with the following protocols, one supports ETS300 and the other supports ETSI and DASSII. I spoke to the ISDN helpdesk at one company and they were not familiar with CAS or robbed bit which is a bit worrying!

The links to the companies are as follows...

http://www.sinet.bt.com/261v5p2.pdf

http://www.telewest.co.uk/business/voice/i...n_overview.html

Hi again.

I have just found a company that can supply me with E1 CAS lines. Could you please explain what advantages CAS has over ISDN apart from ease of set up. Would you expect a CAS E1 line to be able to present the called number, calling number and allow VoiceGuide to answer on the first ring?

Also, what is the best way to share the load of 4 phone numbers across 16 phone lines without using any sort of telephone company supplied hunt sequence? Can voiceguide do this?

Thanks again.

Could you please explain what advantages CAS has over ISDN apart from ease of set up.

The main advantage is the ease of setup...

Would you expect a CAS E1 line to be able to present the called number, calling number and allow VoiceGuide to answer on the first ring?

Yes to all of the above - but you should confirm with the company supplying the lines that the called number and calling number will be delivered - they should be delivered using 'Inband Signaling' when the call is set up.

Also, what is the best way to share the load of 4 phone numbers across 16 phone lines without using any sort of telephone company supplied hunt sequence? Can voiceguide do this?

With CAS it's the phone company that determines on what channel the call will arrive - so just ask them to have each call arrive on the 'next available' channel and this way all the channels will have the load roughly spread through them...