VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outbound Calls With Mixed Wav/txt-Tts

I'm wanting to do a set of outbound calls with wav files mixed with text TTS (for name). In the outdial_new.xml file, I can put in a .wav file. How do I make it work with a combination of wav and TTS? I have the TTS engine loaded and it works when I call in. I want it now to work outbound. I tried with just a .txt file in the xml, but that didn't work.

Please advise.

You would specify the .txt file in an $RV when the call is loaded, and then use a script for the "On Answer Live" and "On Answer Machine" that just has a single Play module that 'plays' that $RV - ie: 'plays' the .txt file - which means the .txt file will be converted to sound using TTS and the resulting TTS generated sound file will be played.

Well, I think you mean for an inbound call. You can't work with variables on outbound calls, can you? I have maybe 1,000 calls to put in a outbound_new.xml file. So in the <OnAnswerLive> section, where I normally put in just a .wav file, I want to put in a .wav and a text file that will be converted to TTS for speaking the name. So in this case I have the wav file say something to the caller, then it uses TTS to say their name.

When I try to use a .txt in the <OnAnswerLive>, it doesn't seem to do anything, just silence.

I think I see what you are saying, use a vgs in the outbound_new.xml file. I'm not sure how to use a wav and a txt but I'll try some things.

Load the call like this:

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>5551234</PhoneNumber>

<OnAnswerLive>c:\somescript.vgs</OnAnswerLive>

<OnAnswerMachine>c:\someotherscript.vgs</OnAnswerMachine>

<RV>[mytextfile]{c:\tailoredwelcome.txt}</RV>

</OutDialEntry>

and in somescript.vgs in a Play module have it play:

$RV[mytextfile]

The module will then TTS contents of c:\tailoredwelcome.txt

Could I instead have it use hard-coded text (so I don't have to have different .txt files for each of the 1000 calls.

Like:

<RV>[mytextfile]{"John Smith"}</RV>

Would this be correct syntax for a constant text?

I have it working now using a .vgs on the outbound call and a static text in the .xml RV variable.

Thanks

Could I instead have it use hard-coded text (so I don't have to have different .txt files for each of the 1000 calls.

Like:

<RV>[mytextfile]{"John Smith"}</RV>

Would this be correct syntax for a constant text?

If you use the $RV to speecify the 'Sound File' in the Play module then it needs to hold the filename.

You can use the $RV in the "Text to Speak" box in the Play module - then the $RV can just hold the text.

If you do not need the TTS to vary from call to call then just hard code the values in the Play module itself, no need to use any $RVs then.