VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Reading .txt File In "speak Numbers" Module

Is there any particular reason why VG6 won't play/TTS the text files I call before and after the digits are spoken in the Speak Numbers module? VG says the digits with the default voice, but not the text file before of after. It works fine in the Capture Entered Numbers module, buy I dont see why I wouldn't work in the other modules where you can specify sound files.

Quite possibly the use of .TXT input for TTS is just not supported in v6's Say Number module.

Would need to see the trace capturing the call to confirm.

In VG5.x version I seem to recall that the Event Trace Log could be opened from the "View" tab, where the events from the call could be viewed in real time, and with line by line action. Why does this not seem to work in the Vg6.x trial version I am using to test things? Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted? I know I can open the trace log in the log folder, after the call is hung up, but I want to see events as they happen. Also, it seems like it should be a Yes or No answer in regards to does Vg6.x play .TXT files from the Say Numbers module. If it doesn't, I don't understand why not. To me it doesn't make any sense to put a Play Sound File module before a Say Numbers module just to read text before a number is said, when the Say Numbers module seems to be set up to be able to call a sound file or a .TXT file. How do I fix the Event Trace Log problem, and how do I get the Say Numbers module to play a text file instead of a sound file?

Real-time display of logs is not done as the volume of logs that can be generated in multiline systems made realtime viewing impractical. Data just scrolls off the screen too fast to actually read it. A log file saved to disk lets it to be read in detail and then forwarded or posted etc.

Was advised that using .txt files in Say Number module is not supported.