VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hmp For Outboud Campaigns

Hi Team!

I am preparing a budget for an outbound call campaign distribution system. I am plan to use Vg v7 for my telephony layer, however, the project cost will change significantly based on whether we could reliably use HMP to send the outbound campaigns, vs. the alternative of using a Dialogic card based solution.

Back on 2008, I attempted to use VG v7 and HMP without much success, even while working directly with Dialogic engineers (see old thread, HMP & VG v7 ).

The question is, with the current VG v7 and HMP product revisions, provided I use a high quality broadband backbone, nowadays, Can I rely on VG v7 and HMP to send the outbound campaigns reliably? perform machine vs human detection reliably? and collect DTMF tones reliably?

Regards,

-r

HMP works as well as T1/E1 ISDN based systems provided that the VoIP packets are not delayed/lost and the sound has not been re-encoded along the way in any way that resulted in any loss of clarity.

If you co-locate the system in the VoIP service providers own call center you will usually get good VoIP connectivity. You should speak to VoIP provider whether the sound that they provide would be the same as an ISDN connection.

If you locate the system on your premises then it is more likely that will see VoIP packet delays/losses. You would need to ensure bandwidth on the broadband connection is reserved on your for SIP traffic and that there would never be any significant delays as the VoIP packets are routed by the broadband provider. Its not that straightforward to make this work right, and hard to monitor that it is in fact working right. A 'SIP Trunk' set up in such a way that it has guaranteed bandwidth and latency limits may provide a good enough connection, but make sure that you obtain it from a reputable supplier who can prove to you that the equipment and their network has been set up to provide a service that is so good that it can be compared to ISDN.

Monitoring VoIP connection quality is not something that is usually done on live systems, so if if you experience any problems you will not be able to prove whether it was in fact due to packet delay/loss.

ISDN services does not have any packet loss type issues, and sound quality provided by Telcos is consistently good.

If you intend to locate equipment on your own premises then we would recommend using ISDN.