VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Updating Biling Information

I need to insert information about connecting time to my biling table in database.

How to insert information about start an transfered connection into database and time of end of this connection?

If you want to keep track of how long the transferred call is active then you must do "Dial and Conference" type transfers. (If you were to do 'hookflash' type transfer then call control is given back to PBX and yo will not know how long that call is then active for.)

For precise end of call detection reliability you would should use T1/E1 ISDN trunks. ISDN signaling will inform you the instant one of the parties ends the call. Analog end of call detection is not as precise and reliable as ISDN.

Times of start of call can be saved/inserted just before the transfer is made, and the time of end of call can be saved/inserted from the "run after hangup" script.

Please let us know if you need us to clarify anything.

I need to know exactly when transfer call begun. So it's unpossible in VG direct from Script Designer?

I need to know exactly when transfer call begun.

Do you need to know when:

A: the transfer destination number is dialed? or,

B: when the destination starts ringing? or,

C: when the destination is answered?

"A" is known as that is the time when you jump to the transfer module. Just save the timestamp immedialtely before jumping to the module.

"B" and "C" will only be available to you is you using T1/E1 ISDN trunks. Are you using T1/E1 ISDN trunks?

Is filename of recorded call start time of transfered call? _0823_105347.wav

Depends how you decided on the filename to use. Some of our sample scripts use a similar timetamp when beginning 2-channel recording right after the "Dial and Conference" is started. In this case the timestamp will be of the time immediately after the destination number is dialed (but probably not yet answered).