VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dtmf Double Digit Detection

This is the solution to DTMF bouncing or DTMF double Digit Problem.

for example when caller dial 123456789, the IVR software will detect 111234556678899.

this new topic is follow up of DTMF bouncing topic at http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6789.

solution:

You can adjust the Config.xml to the telephony device you are using with IVR software.

There are some 'Board' parameters that used for DTMF configuration in Config.xml.

<Parameter>
<Description>DTMF Interdigit Delay. Time between digits in DTMF dialing (10ms units)</Description>
<Key>DXBD_T_IDD</Key>
<Value>5</Value>
<Default>5</Default>
</Parameter>

<Parameter>
<Description>DTMF length (duration) for dialing (10ms units)</Description>
<Key>DXBD_TTDATA</Key>
<Value>10</Value>
<Default>10</Default>
</Parameter>

<Parameter>
<Description>Silence on and off debounce time (10ms units)</Description>
<Notes>length of a changed state before Call Status Transition message is generated</Notes>
<Key>DXBD_S_BNC</Key>
<Value>4</Value>
<Default>4</Default>
</Parameter>

you can leave "Silence on and off De-bounce time (DXBD_S_BNC)" values at their default value.

You can find Voice Board Parameters default value at http://www.comptek.ru/telephony/sr/pgmgd3/1456-04-30.html.

the logic I followed was to use the shorted time for" DTMF length (duration) for dialing(DXBD_T_IDD)" and longer time for "DTMF Interdigit Delay. Time between digits in DTMF dialing (DXBD_T_IDD)".

this insure that IVR software gets the first digit in short time, it will ignore any other digit until the DXBD_T_IDD completed.

So, I chose value 3 for DXBD_TTDATA. and keep increasing the DXBD_T_IDD.
Any time you changed the config.xml file you need to close VG and reopen it again.

you can dial into the scrip and stare entering 0123456789. in your script use "Get Numbers" module. enter "0" for "retry if no response..." and "Pulse time between retry".

if you get double digit in any number, again increase the DXBD_T_IDD 10unit more. for example, if you start from value 5 for DXBD_T_IDD, increase it to 50, 60, 70 and...

repeat the test and increase the DXBD_T_IDD value until the set of the 10 times entering 0123456789 test has no double digit.

I used the GSM Gateway which is communicating with my VG. bellow is config.xml setup. It works fine for me. I hope this would help you to solve our DTMF double digit problem.

<Description>DTMF Interdigit Delay. <Value>10</Value> 70
Time between digits in DTMF dialing <Default>10</Default> 70
<Key>DXBD_T_IDD</Key>

<Description>DTMF length (duration) for <Value>5</Value> 3
dialing (10ms units)</Description> <Default>5</Default> 3
<Key>DXBD_TTDATA</Key>

Please note that DXBD_T_IDD is a setting used when Dialogic is dialing a telephone number or playing DTMF tones.

DXBD_T_IDD is not meant to affect DTMF tone detection.

The default DTMF detection settings work very well when properly working telephone lines are attached to the Dialogic cards, and there is usually no need to alter any DTMF detection settings.

This user has some 'GSM Gateway' type device attached to the Dialogic card. Most likely the 'duplicate DTMF tone' detection problems are caused by this device not correctly retransmitting the sound (ie. without breaks).

To confirm this we proposed that a recording of the arriving DTMF tones be made (see thread http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6789).