VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hmp And Answering Machine

Hello,

with analogy system, I had two major problems with answering machine:

1. false Answering machine detection where Human answered the calls.

2. when I disable the answering machine, VG couldn't detect the disconnect tone, and the phone never hangup when the callers finish the call.

3. DTMF 'debunce' detection problems like getting duplicate DTMF. RFC2833.

for these reasons I am emigrant to HMP. I am hopping I can disable the answering machine in HMP without any effect on disconnect tone detection.

Also I am hopping that DTMF debunce stops with HMP.

would you please confirm that HMP is free of above problem?

thanks

1. false Answering machine detection where Human answered the calls.

This does happen sometimes - mainly if connection quality is poor.

2. when I disable the answering machine, VG couldn't detect the disconnect tone, and the phone never hangup when the callers finish the call.

This may have been an issue on the older v6 version, but is not not something that affects VoiceGuide v7.

3. DTMF 'debunce' detection problems like getting duplicate DTMF.

This does not happen with normal telephone lines and correctly operating equipment. Did you make a recording of the received DTMF tones and start a topic? Such issues only happen when the analog calls were are sent at some stage over VoIP and packets get delayed.

The disconnect tone detection is not something that is even used on normal VoIP applications as VoIP uses end of call signaling, instead of relying on tones to communicate call state.

Regarding DTMF debounce, this is something that is best resolved by using RFC2833 instead of relying on detecting the tone itself. As soon as you are trying to do tone detection on VoIP connections then you need to ensure that the packets encounter little delay - and this can only really be reliably achieved on internal networks over which you have bandwidth allocation control.