VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Which Version To Use For Win 2008 Server And Avm C2 Card

Dear all,

we have been using another IVR-Software successfully for 5 Years with a AVM C2 Card and now have to upgrade OS from WIN 2000 up to WIN 2008 Server. We have been experiencing problems with the IVR-software we have been using on WIN 2008, so that we are considering switching to VoiceGuide.

I've read the online help (system requirements) extensively and searched the forum, but I still haven't found an definite answer to my question: Is VG 5.x (TAPI)the only choice we have when using AVM C2? If yes... does VG 5.x run on WIN 2008 (it says only until XP, but I can't imagine Katalina didn't consider this)? Or is V7 the only available Version that runs on WIN 2008 and do we have to go away from AVM C2 to another hardware then?

Please help! Thank you,

Claudio

We have not tried using v5 on Win2008.

v5 uses TAPI and most of TAPI devices are old/discontinued and the ones that are still in use are used on systems as old as TAPI devices - with WinXP being the most common OS used on those setups. Many of the TAPI devices, being discontinued, would not have been tested on Win2008.

With the CAPI (CAPI is different to TAPI) card which you have you would need to use the COMISDN driver, which provides a TAPI interface and hence can be used with v5.

Its likely that the COMISDN driver will work on Win2008 and hence you should be able to use your card + COMISDN + v5 on Win2008.

If you anticipate using more channels in future then you may want to consider moving to a fractional E1 and a Dialogic card.