VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Result Variable For "play Sound File" Module

Dear Support team,

I am having a problem of using a string path from a result variable for "Play Sound" module.

If you see the log file, I have VBScript module, "PrepareCallInIntroductionMsg" that generates wave file path and passes it to the next play module, "PlayCallInNotificationIntro."

The play module uses $RV[ThisPath] for the file path, but does not play anything.

I used this for some other scripts and it works fine, but not in this case.

Could you see and why the "replace" returns empty?

Thanks in advance!

Logfile.zip

The trace shows that a VBSCript is calling Run_ResultReturn soon after PrepareCallInIntroductionMsg script starts. This results in script going doen success path immediately:

171606.700 6 1 1 state [PrepareCallInIntroductionMsg] type: VB Script, iRunWait=1

171606.763 14 1 1 rem Run_ResultReturn [success]

a little while later we see:

171608.575 14 1 1 rem RvSet ThisPath, WAV Files\Common_Ihave.wav,WAV Files\Numbers\1.wav,WAV Files\Common_Message.wav

171608.575 14 1 1 rv add [ThisPath]{WAV Files\Common_Ihave.wav,WAV Files\Numbers\1.wav,WAV Files\Common_Message.wav}

171608.575 14 1 1 rem Run_ResultReturn [success]

If you posted the script itself then we could beter comment on what may be happening,but my guess is that the call:

171606.763 14 1 1 rem Run_ResultReturn [success]

is coming from script started in module GoToMoveAutoNotificationScript:

171605.591 6 1 1 state [GoToMoveAutoNotificationScript] type: VB Script, iRunWait=1

171606.481 14 1 1 rem Script_Goto 1, MoveAutoNotification.vgs, IsForCallInNotificationCheck,

is the GoToMoveAutoNotificationScript module calling Run_ResultReturn after Script_Goto ?

The Script_Goto results in script advancing. There is no need to call Run_ResultReturn after calling Script_Goto, and inded doing sop will interfere with the script progression, as you are seeing here.

Just remove Run_ResultReturn call in module GoToMoveAutoNotificationScript and all should be OK.

If that does not resolve problem then please post your script.

Yes, removing [Return Result] code solved the problem.

I have been using the module this way in several other places and those are all working fine so I thought that was how I should use...

Any ways, I will not return anything for GoTo script from now on.

Thanks a lot for your help and you are great as always!

OK, thanks for letting us know that this was the issue.

Script_Goto is fine, as long as Run_ResultReturn is not called afterwards.

Only one of:

Script_Gosub

Script_Goto

Script_Return

Run_ResultReturn

should be called at end of script.