VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg7 With Dialogic Card

I am currently using VG6 with an older D/4PCI card. The functionality of this system meets my needs, with the exception of the poor sound quality. If I switch to VG7, can I still use my D/4PCI card? Will the sound quality be improved? Will the static be eliminated?

Thanks,

Jack

You should be able to use this card with the latest Dialogic drivers. The drivers for use with VoiceGuide v7 can be downloaded from our WWW.

Try installing them and see if they find your card and the service starts OK. If the card is found and Dialogic service starts then you will be able to use VoiceGuide v7 with this card.

VoiceGuide v7 can deliver better sound quality then v6, but note that sound quality also depends on recording quality as well. Easiest way to test is to run the Credit Card demo script that comes with VoiceGuide. The recordings you make should be tested by dialing in and playing them, and seeing if they sound as clear as the Credit Card demo script recordings. If they do not then you should request that the person making the recordings should record them clearer. To achieve good quality prompts they should be recorded in a studio environment.

I'm using TTS in my evaluation of sound quality. What factors influence the quality in this case, and is there anything I can do to optimize it.

Thanks again,

Jack

You will bet better playback quality under VG v7 when doing TTS as well. TTS engine should be set to generate sound files in 8kHz or 11kHz format.