VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error V7.1.3793.34338 (2010-05-21 18:04:36.06)

Is this error of importance. I get it when i start the engine

Log attached

ERROR v7.1.3793.34338 (2010-05-21 18:04:36.06) db do findcall getting param datetimeActivation .GetDateTime (any port query) : Specified cast is not valid.

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlBuffer.get_DateTime()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetDateTime(Int32 i)

at ktlib.vgDb.vgDb_ProviderInvariant.DbProcessQueue_DoQueuedWork_FindCall(Object sender, ProcessingQueueEventArgs`1 args)

0607_0040_vgEngine.txt

It looks like you are using an external database (SQLServer) as the 'outbound calls' data store.

The error may be caused by the database table being in the old format. You can check by comparing your current schema to the table that is created by the SQL command file Db_Create.sql in VG's directory \System\Setup\

We would recommend that you stop VG then delete all tables in your database "VG" and then start VoiceGuide and let VoiceGuide create the tables itself. This way you will have the correct table structure created, which is expected by the current version of VoiceGuide which you have installed.

Please post traces (.ZIped) if you still encounter any issues after that.

Please .ZIP up any attachments before posting them to this forum.

Error remains. BUT, only happens when OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField is set to Disable. Change it to GUID and the error goes away. I do not use the porttouse table, so I set this attribute to Disable

New log file attached

SAVE1_0608_2345_vgEngine.zip

We are advise that as you are not using the PortToUse table then these warning messages can be ignored.

These warning messages just state that system could not find corresponding entry in PortToUse table - which is not surprising considering that that table is not used.

Future versions of VoiceGuide v7 will be fixed so that these warnings are not logged when PortToUse table is not used.