VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Force A Redial

How can I force a redial. This is for emergency first responders.

Scenario #1. Number is dialed; number is answered and asks for a PIN number. Pin number is entered and the message is delivered.

Scenario #2. Number is dialed; number is answered and asks for a PIN number. Pin number is NOT entered or the phone is hung up. This is usually the result of a child answering the phone.

For scenario #2, how can I force the system to consider this to be an incomplete call and have the number called again when the “redial” delay is reached?

Jeff

For scenario #2 you should load a new call into the system. The number of redials left for current call is stored in an RV. Not sure of name of RV but you will be able to see it in vgEngine traces.

Best approach is to do the call loading from the "after hangup" script. Set a flag if PIN is OK, and in the "after hangup" script check if flag is set. If it is not set then load the call.

Thanks, Where can I get the original call info to reload. It is stored in variables? I do not have access to the original number or know the status of the call until after it is completed. The numbers are loaded via a web service and automatically processed.

The number dialed is stored in $RV_DIALEDNUMBER

The scripts to use upon call answer etc are not stored in $RV, but these can be probably be hardcoded - the script would just need to reload itself after all. You can however load these filenames etc into $RVs at original call load time as well if you wish and then use these $RVs when reloading the call.

Probably best to use the XML file approach when reloading calls. The file should have a temporarily unique name, so probably best to specify it like this: OutDial_$RV_PORTNUMBER.xml