VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Customising Voice Mail

1) I would like to modify the voice mail script that allows an inbound caller to have the choice of leaving a message or dialing 1 to return to the operator.

2) Secondly, I would like to have a standard voice mail greeting and then add via ($read number) to complete the phrase.

Example the voice mailbox/extension is 411, the prerecorded prompt would say....

"thank you for calling room (read number of dialed extension "four hundred and eleven"). At the tone leave a message or press 1 to return to the operator.

Please show me how to modify the vgs file to make this possible - I will of course record the prompts.

The scripted voicemail system allows you to make these changes by modifying the scripts in VoiceGuide's \System\vm\ subdirectory. The script that needs to be modified is:

C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\System\vm\vmLm.vgs

See the modified script. 3 modules were added and modules VmLmWelc and VmLmRec were modified. Compare to default vmLm.vgs script to see exactly what the changes are.

These changes should be pretty close to what you need. Please let us know if you have any questions.

vmLm.vgs