VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Configuration For Inbound And Outbound Lines

Hi Team,

In my config.xml file I currently set the PortToUse to Disable;

<OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField>Disable</OutDialQue_PortToUse_LinkField> and it works very well, since Voiceguide sends the outbound calls to the next available phone line, so I don't have to worry about managing the lines, thus I like to keep the PortToUse = Disabled.

Here is my scenario, let say, I have 8 VoiceGuide lines which I typically use for outbound calls. I have a project where from the 8 VG lines, I will need to temporarily use 4 lines to handle inbound calls, leaving the remaining 4 lines for outbound calls.

Question:

How can I configure the 4 inbound lines, while keeping the 4 outbound lines (of course while using the PortToUse = Disabled switch so that VG manages the outbound lines)?

Regards,

Ralph

In the Config.xml file, in each of the <Channel> sections there is a <AllowDialOut> entry.

Change

<AllowDialOut>1</AllowDialOut>

to:

<AllowDialOut>0</AllowDialOut>

(change 1 to 0)

No call will be made on the lines that have AllowDialOut setting set to 0.

I need to revive this post, I missed a little detail...

In the Config.xml, the <AllowDialOut> set to 0 prevents calls from being dial out as you already pointed out.

But, for the remaining 4 lines which are dedicated for outbound calls, how would I prevent the outbound lines from answering inbound calls?

I gather, I could configure the inbound DID/phone line to go to a an port, to answer inbound calls - that would be one way of doing it the inbound restriction.

But, I wondered if there is another switch which could be used to define that a line will not accept inbound calls, so the same thinking that works for the <AllowDialOut> , but, for the inbound calls, kinda like <AllowDialIn> set to 0 or 1, that way inbound and outbound can be controlled within the config.xml (of course the <AllowDialIn> does not exists in the config.xml)

regards,

Ralph

how would I prevent the outbound lines from answering inbound calls?

on those lines for the script setting just use a script with a single "Hangup" module in it, and set it to "Start the script without answering the call".

Incoming calls will then not be answered. VoiceGuide will just let the analog lines ring.

With the suggested solution...

I presume that the line can handle one process at the time, thus outbound calls will not go out either, while during inbound calls Voceguide executes the "Hangup" module and lets the lines ring while incoming calls are not answered. Is my assumption correct?

Would need to check on this. This may depend on the version used.

In v7 we would be able to ensure that no outbound calls are made while the analog line is still ringing with the inbound call.

My apologies, I should have specified earlier that I am working with Voiceguide v7.

I am not sure I followed your last response:

In v7 we would be able to ensure that no outbound calls are made while the analog line is still ringing with the inbound call.

What I like to understand is; how can I ensure that lines dedicated for outbound calling do not answer inbound calls?

my concern/assumption is that when an inbound call takes place in a line dedicated for outbound calling, the line becomes unavailable for outbound calling while VG v7 process the "Hangup" module and the instruction to "Start the script without answering the call".

Would it be possible to add a switch to be called <AllowDialIn> to the config.xml? which can be set to drop any inbound calls for a particular line when set to 0.

On analog lines it is not possible to 'Drop' incoming calls without answering them first.

This can only be done if T1/E1 ISDN trunks are used.

On analog lines there is no way to signal the switch that is sending the call that the call should be 'dropped'.

Ok, thanks for the additional clarifications...

I am using a hybrid setup, made of analog lines and a multi-line sip adapter, and after lots of experimentation and tweaking the hybrid set up is working rather well. With my hybrid system, an option I could investigate is that in the sip adapter configuration page I can provide DIDs only to the lines targeted for inbound calls. In contrast, the lines targeted for outbound calling will have no DIDs assigned to them, thus, inbound calls will not be routed to those lines.

Albeit not an elegant/simple solution as changing the config.xml, I think that the above might work in preventing outbound lines from receiving calls.

Thanks for brainstorming about this option with me.

Regards,

Raf

Preventsing calls from arriving in the first palce on the lines intended for outbound calls only is the best approach. No calls will then ever be ignored/dropped.