VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Grammars Generated From Mysql Database

Hello,

I am adding Speech Recognition to my VoiceGuide application, and I'm having trouble finding the information I need. I want to pull the grammars directly off a MySQL database. I assume that this isn't possible to this without creating a .gram or .txt file. Where can I find information on how to create these files automatically from a MySQL database?

Thanks

Sounds like you will need to use a Database Query module to retrieve the grammars, and then either use a Run Program module to echo these to a file before moving onto a Play module in which the Speech Recognition would be made, or save the grammars in an RV (Result Variable) with VoiceGuide then passing the value if that RV as grammar to the speech recognition engine.

Which Speech Recognition engine are you using?

I am using VG 7.1

I see how the Query Module to Run Program to a file can work. I'll research that more.

Regarding your other option of saving the grammars in a RV, it sounds like it would be faster. How do the RV's get passed as grammar to the SRE?

Thanks

The RVs can get set using the Evaluate Expression module (or using any of the RV setting COM or WCF functions). The naming of RV is based on the name of the Play module in which it is to be used. Eg: if Play module is called "Question1" then the RV for the Grammar would be $RV[Question1_ASR_Grammar].

Using $RVs is preferred to reading in grammars from file.

The $RV approach is not available in the freely downloadable version of VG, to obtain a version that has that enabled at this stage please contact sales@voiceguide.com and it will be supplied to licensed users.