VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Db Query Module Mysql- Start Transaction

Hello,

I am using version 7.1.0 of VoiceGuide, and am trying to use the DB Query module (using MySQL ADO.NET provider) to do a transaction. I have the DB Query module set up as follows:

Database of ODBC Data Source:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient

Connect String:

Data Source=my.db.server; Database=mydb; User Id=xxxx; Password=xxxx;

SQL Query:

START TRANSACTION; INSERT INTO table1 ...; INSERT INTO table2 ...; COMMIT;

This fails, and the error from the log is:

ERROR v7.1.3555.27455 (2009-09-25 14:15:03.60) ConnectAndRun_AdoNetFactory : DataTableReader Cannot be created. There is no DataTable in DataSet.

at System.Data.DataSet.CreateDataReader()

at ..()

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Are you able to post the debug trace which shows the entire module execution? (remove any sensitive parts of the connect string, SQL etc. from the trace before posting).

I have attached the logs of the module's execution. I changed and/or removed sensitive information. The module works if I do not try and wrap the INSERT statements around a transaction, so I have to believe that is what is causing it to fail.

Thanks,

Wes

module.zip

It looks like VoiceGuide is mistakenly thinking that when SQL begins with "START TRANSACTION" then some returned data from DB is expected. No data is returned by your SQL so the module experiences an error and the error path is taken (and system hangs up if error path is not defined).

We are looking at how best to fix this now, but for a immediate workaround can you try adding an SQL statement to your transactions that results in some data being returned?