VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

E-Mail Forwarding Not Working

Good day,

THE SETUP: VoiceGuide 6.0.3391 for Dialogic, based on a Windows Server 2003 system. Four-line, Enterprise edition, no dialer option.

THE PROBLEM: Our system used to forward E-mail, with the attached voicemail, to the appropriate user any time a message came in. In the last month or so, for reasons unknown to me, this forwarding has suddenly stopped working.

I have found the following series of three messages in the log files, repeated over and over, which seem to be related.

191639.16 0 ERROR 6.0.3391 EmailDbQueue_CountDueEmails CreateQueryDef [91:Object variable or With block variable not set]

191639.27 0 ERROR 6.0.3391 dial DbFindDueCall_MSAccess [Object variable or With block variable not set] line=120

191640.27 0 ERROR 6.0.3391 dial DbFindDueCall_MSAccess [Object variable or With block variable not set] line=120

Our E-mail setup is simple SMTP. VoiceGuide is, as far as I know, configured to connect directly to the server to send the messages -- AND, as I said above, it used to work just fine.

Advice welcome.

Thanks much.

Could you please restart VoiceGuide and make one test call which leaves the voicemail message.

Then post the vgm trace file (.ZIPed) which captures the system startup and the incoming call.

Could you please restart VoiceGuide and make one test call which leaves the voicemail message.

Then post the vgm trace file (.ZIPed) which captures the system startup and the incoming call.

I would be happy to -- Except that I have no idea which file you're referring to, or which directory to find it in!

Please clarify. Thank you.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

NumberLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

TapiWrapOcx=0

SapiWrapOcx=0

Then restart VoiceGuide make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Debug Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

The version 6 trace shows:

054153.11 0 ERROR 6.0.3391 DialListDb_CreateWrkSpaceAndOpen CreateWorkspace [429, ActiveX component can't create object]

054153.12 0 ERROR 6.0.3391 EmailDbQueue_Init CreateWorkspace [429, ActiveX component can't create object]

This suggests that the data access components on this machine have been uninstalled, stopping VG from being able to use its internal databases.

Was any other software installed/uninstalled on this machine at about the time the email forwarding stopped working?

Recommend for you to download and install the "Microsoft Data Access Components" - available form our WWW Downloads page.

The version 6 trace shows:

054153.11 0 ERROR 6.0.3391 DialListDb_CreateWrkSpaceAndOpen CreateWorkspace [429, ActiveX component can't create object]

054153.12 0 ERROR 6.0.3391 EmailDbQueue_Init CreateWorkspace [429, ActiveX component can't create object]

This suggests that the data access components on this machine have been uninstalled, stopping VG from being able to use its internal databases.

Was any other software installed/uninstalled on this machine at about the time the email forwarding stopped working?

Recommend for you to download and install the "Microsoft Data Access Components" - available form our WWW Downloads page.

I cannot rule that out as a possibility. However, I'm uncertain what would have changed.

I have, per your recommendation above, downloaded and installed the MDAC package, release 2.8. I also made sure the VB6 redistributable package was installed, per the requirements listed on your site. The system has been rebooted (twice), yet the problem is still there.

I have attached a fresh log for your analysis. There has to be some way to clear this up!

Thanks.

0301vgm-2.zip

If installing MDAC did not fix this issue then the next thing we would recommend doing is re-installing VoiceGuide (back up the config files and VG scripts first).

I'm a bit ahead of you on that. I did try reinstallation as a first step.

HOWEVER -- That was, admittedly, before I tried to reinstall MDAC.

Do we have a 'Plan B' if reinstallation doesn't do the trick?

Thanks.

OK -- Problem is solved, but the solution was kind of brute-force.

I could not, no matter how many tricks I tried, make things work on the original computer the voicemail stuff was installed on. So -- I moved it all to a different server. Now everything works fine, just as it did before!

I'm still baffled as to why I had to do this. Honestly, though, I have better things I choose to do with my time than fighting some bizarre MDAC problem (like building our new VoIP/Asterisk PBX, which will have voicemail built in as standard equipment).

Thanks for the help. I'm only sorry I couldn't figure out what the original issue was. Such are the vagaries of Windows.