VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Caller Id

Hello,

I am using GSMgateway. VG received called on the SIM card which inserted into this GSM Gateway. to make sure Caller ID is sent from wireless provider, I insert the SIM card on Mobile and call to other mobile. I could see callerID without any problem.

I insert the SIM Card back into the GSM Gateway and I connect a phone device to GSM gate way. then from my mobile call to it. there was also no problem to see CallerID.

I am now sure that the problem is from VG. I have increase the number of the ring before answer from 3 to 10 but yet, I couldn't get caller ID with VG.

Please see attached the log file for 3 ring and 10 ring before answer test.

would you please let me know why VG can't receive Caller ID?

Thanks

Log.zip

Looks like the GSM gateway is not passing the caller ID to the devices attached to it.

Suggest you contact the GSM gateway provider.

As a test, try attaching a CallerID reporting device to the GSM gateway's line.

Looks like the GSM gateway is not passing the caller ID to the devices attached to it.

Suggest you contact the GSM gateway provider.

As a test, try attaching a CallerID reporting device to the GSM gateway's line.

I connected a phone device with Caller ID reporting display to GSM gateway. then from my mobile call to it. there was no problem to see CallerID.

I also called VG with my ATA (which has U.S.A DID number). there was no problem to see CallerID either in log file.

but, for some reason when I am connecting dialogic to GSM Gateway, and call to VG via my malaysian mobile, I can not get Caller ID.please see the log file.

I set number of the ring before answer to 3, to make sure the Caller ID arrives.

I would be appreciate if you can reply ASAP, since the business is running without proper process due to no caller ID in record.

Farzad

Log.zip

I connected a phone device with Caller ID reporting display to GSM gateway. then from my mobile call to it. there was no problem to see CallerID.

This is from the Malaysian mobile, or from the US number ATA, or both?

I also called VG with my ATA (which has U.S.A DID number). there was no problem to see CallerID either in log file.

Was this call going though the GSM gateway?

for some reason when I am connecting dialogic to GSM Gateway, and call to VG via my malaysian mobile, I can not get Caller ID.

What happens when the call is placed from the US number ATA?

This is from the Malaysian mobile, or from the US number ATA, or both? The call I made was from my Malaysian mobile.

Was this call going though the GSM gateway? The call I made to my VG via ATA was not going through my GSM Gateway.

What happens when the call is placed from the US number ATA? I have no problem with US numbers ATA. The call answers without any problem and the caller ID is registered by VG without any problem.

Here is the structure of my system: I have 16 port Dialogic Cards, 8 of them are connected to 8 ATA with U.S DID numbers, the other 8 ports are connected to 8 ports GSM Gateway, which has Malaysian SIM cards.

VG has the following problem with GSM Gateway, I have to set number if ring to more then 3 that caller can communicate with VG. Otherwise, if the number of the ring is less then 3, VG will run the scrip but the caller keeps hearing the ring tone. (It seems that the call was not answered.)

The other problem is VG can not get the Caller ID from GSM gateway. I believe the problem is with Malaysian mobile number. Since it is started with "0"(zero), VG would not register it.

For example the number I have is 019-2281215. When I call to a phone device which is connected to GSM Gateway with my Malaysian mobile, I can see the Malaysian mobile ID 019-2281215 on phone device display. But when I connect the GSM Gateway to Dialogic port 1, and call to VG via my Malaysia mobile, VG can't see the Caller ID.

Please see my GSM Gateway manual attached. I am not sure it will be helpful to you or not, but you maybe can find some information to solve the Caller ID and call answering in 1 or 2 ring.

Thanks for your help.

Farzad

mannual of gsm fwt 8888 8 ports.pdf

mannual of gsm fwt 8888 8 ports.zip

Hello,

I have Posted on 27 February 2010 at 11:17 PM my problem and since then I have not got any reply? I know you are very busy, but please let me know what is the status of my problem?

Our business in Kuala Lumpur is working inefficiently because, VG can't get Caller ID from GSM Gatewary.

I really appreciate if you can get back to me ASAP and update me with status of my problem.

Thanks

Farzad

Hello,

I truly need you help on this problem. I am very good with VG, I am working with VG for ages. But there is nothing I can do to solve this problem.

I really need your help on this. At less Please let me know if you conceder my problem??? Or you can’t do anything about it. If it is the case, I need to think of other ways to solve my problem.

Please response me,

Thanks

Farza

You will need to find out in what format the GSM Gateway which you use is sending the CallerID information, and then lookup the data sheet of the Dialogic card to see if the Dialogic card which you use supports detection of this CallerID messaging format.

I just chat with the customer support of GSM Gateway; they told me that they send Standard Caller Id in DTMF mode

They said maybe your software support FSK.

Since you have more experience with Dialogic would you know if Dialogic support caller ID in DTMF mode? And it does how can I configure it.

Thanks

Farzad

DTMF detection before call answer is supported, and we have a number of installations where CallerID is received that way.

Traces from this system however show no DTMF signaling sent before ringing or in between the first couple of rings.

What type of card(s) are you using on this system?

Are you able to run the system with VoiceGuide v7 instead of v6?

The trace 0226.tw shows FSK CallerID being detected by the card for call arriving on port 16. I assume that was when a call was arriving on one of the US DID ATAs (?)

173529.234 016 dlgc CLIDINFO_CMPLT=>[€)02260133 6503535077Farzad Soudbakhsh]

173529.250 016 dlgc CLIDINFO_GENERAL=[02/26 01:33 6503535077 Farzad Soudbakhsh]

173529.250 016 dlgc CLIDINFO_CALLID=[6503535077]

173529.250 016 dlgc CLIDINFO_FRAMETYPE=[0x80]

173529.250 dlgc caller id frame type: CLASSFRAME_MDM or CLIPFRAME_MDM or ACLIPFRAME_MDM

173529.250 016 dlgc MCLASS_DATETIME=[02260133] => 0

173529.250 016 dlgc MCLASS_DN=[6503535077] => 0

Many thanks for your quick response.

You are right port 16 has U.S ATA line connected to it.

my Dialogic model is D/160 SC-ls.

I am not sure if I can use VoiceGuide v7 for this type of the Dialogic model. In fact I didn't want to risk changing the version of my Voice guide software, because rev 6 works fine until now for me. But if you think my Dialogic model works with VoiceGuide v7 and I can get Caller ID in DTMF mode. Surly I will install the VoiceGuide v7.

Thanks again for your quick response. I need to fix this problem ASAP.

Farzad

At this stage trying v7 would be the next thing to try, as your other option is to change the card to current model (which would let you run v7 as well).

Lack of DTMF detection before answer could be caused by the older card not supporting this, or by the v6 not initializing card in this way. We do (as stated before) have a number of v7 systems doing DTMF interception before call answer and using this data as CallerID.

v7 can be installed in parallel with v6. Just exit v6 and install v7. Then set the v7 VoiceGuide IVR service startup type to 'Manual' to stop it from starting automatically every time (do this in Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Services).

Lack of DTMF detection before answer could be caused by the older card not supporting this, or by the v6 not initializing card in this way.

I uninstalled and install the V6, but I didn’t have any choose in installation process to initializing the card. I assume that installation software automatically initializing the card.

v7 can be installed in parallel with v6. Just exit v6 and install v7. Then set the v7 VoiceGuide IVR service startup type to 'Manual' to stop it from starting automatically every time (do this in Control Panel -> Admin Tools -> Services).

I also downloaded the V7 and per your advice I have change the “Startup type” to “Manual”.

Per my understanding we don’t need to run V7 VG IVR, we need just its files to support V6 to get Caller ID. This is why I didn’t bother to find out why V7 is not start up.

I have called to VG after downloading the V7. But I couldn’t see any Caller Id in log file.

Please see attached file my log file.

Log.zip

Looks like the ktTel (telephony) layer does not even get loaded... so the Dialogic card does not even get initialized.

So looks like v7 will not work with the current Dialogic drivers installed on this system.

And I don't think current version of Dialogic drivers support the D/160SC-LS card (it is an ISA card, right?)

162200.468 5 ERROR v7.1.3699.20074 (2010-02-16 11:09:08.70) Load_Layer_ktTel_Dynamic [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\ktTelDialogicSR60.dll]

: The operating system cannot run . (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700B6)

Yes it is ISA cards. I have it since 2003 and I never had any problem with caller ID until now.

Do you have any other advice to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help.

On previous systems was Caller ID sent as 'before-answer' DTMF or was it FSK encoded?

The recommendation would be to switch to using a current model Dialogic card, and VoiceGuide v7. ISA cards have been discontinued a long time ago.

On previous systems was Caller ID sent as 'before-answer' DTMF or was it FSK encoded?

I am not sure, perhaps it was DTMF, because it was in middle East. ( Middle east have Europe communication protocol rather then American communication protocol.)

Can I buy a device that can convert DTMF caller ID mode to FSK encoded, and place it between GSM gateway and Dialogic???

The recommendation would be to switch to using a current model Dialogic card, and VoiceGuide v7. ISA cards have been discontinued a long time ago.

What do you advice me to replace my ISA D/160 SC-LS card with? What is the best compatible dialogic board that has no problem with DTMF and FSK, Please note I am using GSM gateway and I have to use the dialogic that has no problem with these type of device.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Farzad

Can I buy a device that can convert DTMF caller ID mode to FSK encoded, and place it between GSM gateway and Dialogic???

I guess you could try this. This may be the quickest solution.

What do you advice me to replace my ISA D/160 SC-LS card with?

The new model 16 port analog is the DMV160 card.

Hello,

I post this response for those who want to buy GSM Gateway.

I have changed the GSM Gateway. the new device has FSK and DTMF caller ID report.

with this device VG and Dialogic Card can capture the caller ID.

If you want to buy the GSM Gateway make sure to ask for if it has FSK and DTMF caller ID reporting feature.

We have VoiceGuide v7 installations that use DTMF CallerID signaling before call answer and this appears to work fine for customers who are using this.

Perhaps v6 (which is the version used on this system) does not support receiving of DTMF before call answer. We cant test this off hand as there are few systems out there that use DTMF for before-call-answer-CallerID-notification, and we do not have any of such switches in our labs at this stage.

So our recommendation to other customers who need to use DTMF for before-call-answer-CallerID-notification would be to use VoiceGuide v7 and current model Dialogic cards.