VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Starts But Status Is Device 1 Blocked

Hi,

I have been reading a few posts about Line 1 being blocked in VG which is possibly an issue with the E1 service.

We are using VG7 (VG 7.1.0 - not sure how to get the exact version of anything other than the IVR Status Monitor) on Windows Server 2008 and have the Dialogic System Release 6.0 for Vista running (64 bit)

I have tried running similar trace logs with ISDIAG and also making a call from different channels from the board to isolate whether the issue lies with the Dialogic card, the E1 service or VoiceGuide.

I have attached vgEngine.txt and KtTel.txt as zip files which may assist.

Please let me know what else you need and I will do my best to provide the relevant info. If you need further logging information then let me know what option to change in what ini file.

0221_1453_vgEngine.zip

0221_ktTel.zip

What card is used on this system? D/300JCT?

Which SU version of the Dialogic drivers is used?

Were you successful in receiving or placing a call using ISDIAG ?

If not then is ISDIAG showing any error flags? Is the D channel up?

If yes then can you post the ISDIAG ISDN traces?

What card is used on this system? Yes - D/300JCT

Which SU version of the Dialogic drivers is used? System Release 6.0 PCI SU Build 241 Production

Were you successful in receiving or placing a call using ISDIAG ? No - All calls to the prime number are presented with busy signal

If not then is ISDIAG showing any error flags? Is the D channel up? The error flags show that D Channel (DCH) and Loss of Signal are both 1 and therefore these are the only 2 error flags

If yes then can you post the ISDIAG ISDN traces - due to the errors listed above I have not posted a trace.

Were you successful in receiving or placing a call using ISDIAG ? No - All calls to the prime number are presented with busy signal

You will need to get ISDIAG working first before trying to use VoiceGuide.

If not then is ISDIAG showing any error flags? Is the D channel up? The error flags show that D Channel (DCH) and Loss of Signal are both 1 and therefore these are the only 2 error flags

Which LEDs on the back of the card are lit up?

Which ISDN protocol setting have you selected in the Dialogic configuration monitor?

Which Telco/Switch/PBX is supplying the E1 trunk?

Do you know what protocol is used on the E1?

Which LEDs on the back of the card are lit up? The issue is intermittent. At last check only the green LED was lit up. This will be checked again in the morning to see if there is a correlation between line 1 and another of the LED's appearing.

Which ISDN protocol setting have you selected in the Dialogic configuration monitor? CTR4

Which Telco/Switch/PBX is supplying the E1 trunk? Telstra

Do you know what protocol is used on the E1? CTR4

This E1 ISDN service has been in use since around 2006. We have only swapped it over to a newer server recently and found this issue.

Will get back you tomorrow with some more information.

If the LED on the back of the card is green then you should contact the card supplier and ask them to assist in getting this card to the working stage where the ISDIAG is able to receive and make calls over the E1.

Hi Miva

i have exctly the same problem and i wanted to know

if theissue is resolved on your side so that

I could use your experience. Thank you

mehdi

Given more recent emails from this customer it looks like this customer had fixed this issuse.

Not sure what the cause of the probelm was or what the resolution was in this case.

Could have been a wiring issue.

Hi Mehdi,

In our case the problem was that the new ISDN service had a different PIN out than our original services and we had to create a custom cable to get it working. If you have another working box you can plug it into then you can rule our the ISDN and cable and then focus on the server.

Good luck!