VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Paging Using Dialer

We are currently using VoiceGuide to collect data from teams who are out in the field. They enter their information, it is verified with the database and the call is either transferred or ended depending on the information, this works great.

But sometimes that teams forget to call in and we have another piece of software that monitors this. What we would like to do now is if the team doesn't call in, this software would create the text file to dump in the VoiceGuide's data directory to be called. There are a couple of problems with this though. First, when the file is dumped, VoiceGuide grabs the file without a problem if the phone number is a standard number, but we have to put a 9, in front of it to grab an outside line. This doesn't work so good in a comma-delimited text file and the file disappears but no data shows up in the database when I view it from Access. Now if I type the number directly into the table with the 9, that works fine. I have wrote some code to write directly to the table with the correct data and that seems to work, but then the dialer doesn't automatically dial. Is there something else I need to do there? The record just sits there, even though I put a date/time on it in the past to dial.

The second problem is, how do I get it to dial a pager and send a code? I have a script that runs after the pager number is dialed from the dialer, but I don't see a way to then send a code to the pager. I can't just put in there a pager module because I've already dialed the number. Any suggestions?

We are using a Dialogics board and last 4.x version, we have not yet upgraded to 5.

Thanks,

Heather

VoiceGuide grabs the file without a problem if the phone number is a standard number, but we have to put a 9, in front of it to grab an outside line. This doesn't work so good in a comma-delimited text file

The telephone number should always have quotes (") surrounding it.

eg:

9:30 AM 28/04/00, "5553423", 3, 20, d:\Sound Files\welcome1.wav, d:\scripts\statequery.vgs, ,[/QUOTE]

The second problem is, how do I get it to dial a pager and send a code?

Have you tried using the "Send Pager Massage" module?