VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Ringcentral Sip Setup

Does anyone have any 411 on the proper setting for the Config.xml for RingCentral SIP? I am provided these details from the vendor:

SIP Domain: sip.ringcentral.com:5060

Outbound Proxy: sip.ringcentral.com:5090

User Name: 1111111111

Password: 1111111

Authorization ID: 1111111

Which I added to my Config.xml as the following:

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Display>Ring Central</Display>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer1>sip.ringcentral.com</RegServer1>

<RegServer>sip.ringcentral.com</RegServer>

<RegClient>1111111111</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>1111111111</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>

<Display>Ring Central</Display>

<Realm>sip.ringcentral.com</Realm>

<Identity>1111111111</Identity>

<AuthUsername>1111111111</AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword>1111111</AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

Server is running on a dedicated public IP address, and firewall has holes poked open for UDP 5060-5070, 16384-16482; as indicated on their website as needed to be open in and out.

Thanks,

djd

Please post the WireShark trace capturing the VoIP registration process.

The kTel trace would help as well to see the full picture.

Attached are both captures, as I run with dual network cards, one on my private network and one on the public side. I do not see any SIP attempts, however its bee a while since I read WS captures.

Captures.zip

I see nothing going out when the VG service is started. Also I tried using a Callcentric account and it also is not registering.

I found that attempting to "Stop and Start" VG from the monitor did not always work. I removed all the lines except for a single line, and stop and started the service from the control panel. So I do now see data in WS, and when trying to register using RingCentral I get a SIP Error "401 Unauthorized" and when testing using Callcentric I get a "403 Unknown User" error.

wscap_20090126_DMZ_Card_Test2.zip

Was able to get a test CallCentric line to registered, however test calls ring and then give me the "the code or feature you have entered is invalid." WS shows no traffic during a call attempt; both with firewall down or up with holes. Wish this forum was not moderated since its so slow.

Was able to get a test CallCentric line to registered, however test calls ring and then give me the "the code or feature you have entered is invalid."

Can you please post the WireShark and the ktTel traces capturing the successful registration.

By "test calls" are you referring to attempted incoming calls (ie. calling the CallCentric number from another external phone) or to attempted outgoing calls (ie. dialing out from the voiceguide system).

Can you please post the WireShark and the ktTel traces capturing the successful registration.

By "test calls" are you referring to attempted incoming calls (ie. calling the CallCentric number from another external phone) or to attempted outgoing calls (ie. dialing out from the voiceguide system).

Well the test was bollocks, the free account I setup for testing functions for internal calling only, which is why when I called the number I received the error message. So from this I know that I can get registered with CallCentric, however still receive the SIP Error "401 Unauthorized" when attempting to use RingCentral. I would not care to change providers for my IVR; however it would be preferred to not since I have large unused blocks of time with them.

Now Ring lists both a password and authorization id; is there additional fields that can be added in the Config for them or to enable additional options?

Now Ring lists both a password and authorization id; is there additional fields that can be added in the Config for them or to enable additional options?

The required data for registration with most VoIP providers is as per the Help file page: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/config_voip_register.htm

What 'additional options' are you referring to?

To be able to comment on the RingCentral registration process we need to see the ktTel trace as well as the WireShrk trace capturing the RingCentral registration attempt (the same attempt). Please post both traces and we can then comment on what is happening with the RingCentral registration.

The required data for registration with most VoIP providers is as per the Help file page: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/config_voip_register.htm

What 'additional options' are you referring to?

To be able to comment on the RingCentral registration process we need to see the ktTel trace as well as the WireShrk trace capturing the RingCentral registration attempt (the same attempt). Please post both traces and we can then comment on what is happening with the RingCentral registration.

I am seeing Header Checksum errors, being its showing 0x0000 and expecting 0x0ab8, which I am unaware why they are coming up bad like that. I am done for the night, hopefully the problem is easier for you to see.

Capture and Logs..zip

Please try setting the Identity field in the Config.xml's <VoIP_Authentication> section to a blank.

From http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/config_voip_register.htm :

<Identity> Account for which this authentication applies. Can usually be left blank, unless you are registering multiple accounts/trunks and require a different authentication to be used for each account/trunk. If specified then this authentication entry will only be used if the Identity matches the To: field contents in the 401 or 407 response from the registration server.

The identity returned in the 401 Unauthorized response is:

sip:19546031388@sip.ringcentral.com

so you could also try setting the Identity field in the Config.xml's <VoIP_Authentication> section to:

sip:19546031388@sip.ringcentral.com

but in your case as you are not registering multiple accounts it's just easier to set the Identity field to a blank.

Both ways still come up with the "401 Unauthorized" error; however now there are multiple registration attempts, the first ones always seem to have errors, but the next land slide are without errors but nothing new - or bound.

Digest username=\"19546031388\",realm=\"sip.ringcentral.com\",nonce=\"4b5fc67edf9d5cc4dc42b8260f268ac851372601\",uri=\"sip:sip.ringcentral.com;ttl=10\",response=\"fbe612fb2a9606b0c4a3bf56b1616007\",algorithm=MD5

Please post the ktTel trace as well as the WireShark trace capturing the RingCentral registration attempt - the attempt where the Identity field is set to a blank.

Please post the ktTel trace as well as the WireShark trace capturing the RingCentral registration attempt - the attempt where the Identity field is set to a blank.

Here are the logs run with these settings:

<VoIP_Lines>

<VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Registration>

<Protocol>SIP</Protocol>

<RegServer>sip.ringcentral.com</RegServer>

<RegClient>19546031388@sip.ringcentral.com</RegClient>

<LocalAlias>19546031388@99.27.55.122</LocalAlias>

</VoIP_Registration>

</VoIP_Registrations>

<VoIP_Authentications>

<VoIP_Authentication>

<Realm>sip.ringcentral.com</Realm>

<Identity></Identity>

<AuthUsername>19546031388@sip.ringcentral.com</AuthUsername>

<AuthPassword>1111111</AuthPassword>

</VoIP_Authentication>

</VoIP_Authentications>

</VoIP_Lines>

Another point, I am currently running the Dialogic HMP and ViceGuide on the same server, I assume that is the correct way.

Thanks,

djd

20100117_Test3.zip

Can you try using 19546031388 instead of 19546031388@sip.ringcentral.com for AuthUsername setting.

Then also try using 19546031388 instead of 19546031388@sip.ringcentral.com for RegClient setting.

Please post ktTel and WireShark traces for each of the above scenarios.

I am currently running the Dialogic HMP and VoiceGuide on the same server, I assume that is the correct way.

Yes. VoiceGuide should be installed on same server as HMP.

Can you try using 19546031388 instead of 19546031388@sip.ringcentral.com for AuthUsername setting.

Then also try using 19546031388 instead of 19546031388@sip.ringcentral.com for RegClient setting.

Please post ktTel and WireShark traces for each of the above scenarios.

Yes. VoiceGuide should be installed on same server as HMP.

We have tested with every possible way with the same results, however I will try it again and re-post results and logs. I have also engaged the vendor to also review any errors or events on their side, however do not expect much in data from them.

You should probably forward the WireShark trace to RingCentral and ask them why their SIP server is refusing with a "401" response a seemingly valid registration request.

Also we can see from the HMP trace that you have HMP SU265 installed on this system. Our test systems here use the slightly older SU253. This is probably not a cause of any problems as you are able to register with CallCentric, and the SIP packets to RingCentral look fine as well, but if you have a spare system you may want to try installing a SU253 based system to compare. Would not recommend uninstalling SU265 and installing SU253 instead as this may affect the HMP and VoiceGuide licensing.

Is it possible that you have been given a different username to use for authentication purposes?

So instead of using your account number (19546031388) you should actually be using a different authentication username?

I have an open ticket with them for this issue. However, the easier answer might just be to use a service that works. I will try the downgrade just for the desire to see if anything changes, I expect it will not. As for the username details, that is the information that was provide as the settings for the line, the account number for my main line is different. I also already tried using that information and it did not work. On another note, my Aastra 6757i connects fine to Ring-Central using this information, so I know the information is correct.

Can you maybe try to use a softphone like SJPhone to register with RingCentral, and if that registers OK then capture the WireShark trace for that registration and post it here to allow comparison with the HMP registration.