VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Tests On Vg / Hmp

Hello,

I would like to test some scripts locally using two PC's. One with VG, the other with Jsphone.

When calling VG using JSphone, I can get to the first module of my script. In that play module I'm waiting the user to press some keys to go to the next modules. I can hear the pressed key on the PC where I have JSPhone, but nothing happens on the script side as if the pressed keys where not recognized. Any idea?

Please find in attachement the logs.

Thank

Log.zip

Set SJPhone to send keypresses using RFC 2833

RFC2833 sends keypress information as events in RTP stream. Tone detection over VoIP does not work as well as over normal telephone lines.

Not sure what other client you can use to test the sending of tones from SJPhone.

The best thing to do usually is to capture the call using WireShark. This will show all the packets and their contents that are sent during the call.

What do you mean by: "I can hear the pressed key on the PC where I have JSPhone" ?

Are you referring to some sort of beep that is played over the PC speaker when you press the button on the SJPhone application?

Well this has been setup by default with following values. Are they correct ?

dtmf sending:

RFC 2833

signal duration = 270ms

RFC payloadtype= 101

signal volume = 10

Indand:

duration = 100ms

tkx

To debug this we would need to see both the WireShark capture of the VoIP call and the ktTel trace capturing the same call.

Please post both traces and we can then better comment on what is happening on this system.