VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Tts And 64 Bit Computers

Just a small question :

Does VG 7 run correctly on 64 bit computers and is it possible to use TTS functionalities ?

VoiceGuide v7 was tested on 64 bit systems and we have customers using VoiceGuide v7 on 64 bit systems.

TTS should be fine as well, but this really depends on the TTS engine used. Would be surprised if you ran into any x64 related issues with any TTS engines.

As TTS engine we are using Acapaela 6.2

I have asked the question about TTS because in the installation procedure I found in your documentation, as the first step, you require the installation of Speech SDK 5.1

In the installation note of the SDK, I can read

"64-bit

The Speech SDK 5.1 will install on Windows XP 64-bit edition, but it is not supported. Speech recognition will not function, the sample applications will not run and the TTS engines will not be listed in Control Panel. The existing Speech functionality in Windows XP 64-bit edition will continue to function The SDK is installed to the Program Files (x86) folder and all its registry entries and it is placed in a different location (i.e., they are in a WOW folder). The TTS voices in the SDK are not added to Speech properties in Control Panel. Installing the SDK does not have any effect on the existing TTS support in Win64."

Do I have to install this component ?

Can I follow the installation procedure that you suggest in your documentation ?

Are you using Windows XP 64-bit? or Win2008 64-bit? or some other version of Windows?

SAPI TTS works fine on our 64bit Win Server 2008 R2 Standard system here.

Just placed a call into that system and the TTS'd text was played.