VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Customized Voice Mailbox

Hi,

I am using an evolution version of VG and really interested to customize our voice mailbox. We are currently using old fashion Nortel Meridial Mail as Voice Mailbox. We are planning to deploy VG to replace Nortel voicemail system. But out staff are very used to with the sequence Voicemail Box prompt and action key. As I know the VG Voicemail box is fully customizable and I believe it is possible. Following is my requirements step by step:

User Call: Voicemailbox number XXXX

Auto Ans: reading Mail, Mail Box?

User enter: xxxx

Auto Ans: Password?

User enter: xxxx (PIN)

Auto Ans: You have 2 new message, Message 1 from Ext xxxx on Thursday 12:05pm: "play voice message..."

Auto Ans: Prompt voice mail box menu

Or if no new voice message

Auto Ans: You have no new message, Message 1 from Ext xxxx on Thursday 12:05pm: "play voice message..."

Auto Ans: Prompt voice mail box menu

Need your hwlp on this.

Leonardo

You would be able to achieve this by modifying the scripts that are used to implement the voicemail system. You shoudl basically have the system automatically start playing the new messages when the user initially logs in, and play the Source and Date/Time etc before each message.

If you would like for us to make the necessary changes to the voicemail scripts then please send an email to sales@voiceguide.com and include a link to this support forum thread in your email.

In the default voice mail system why it is not asking for the PIN code for individual voicemail box even I mentioned it?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

I'm not sure which folder I should check for VoiceGuide's Debug to send you. Here are some info about my VG.

Version: V7.x

Type: Trial

Card: Dialogic D4PCI-U

My Deafult settings for VM in C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\conf\Config.xml is :

<Channel>

<Name>dxxxB1C1</Name>

<NetworkIf>dxxxB1C1</NetworkIf>

<Protocol>pdk_na_an_io</Protocol>

<RingsBeforeAnswer>2</RingsBeforeAnswer>

<script>C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Voicemail Servers\Voicemail Server.vgs</Script>

<ConfigLine></ConfigLine>

<AllowDialOut>1</AllowDialOut>

<RV></RV>

</Channel>

But I have discover the main VM folder in C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\System\vm

I can see that there is a script asking user for PIN code but when I try with a newly created mailbox with ID, Ext and PIN, it never ask for any PIN.

i can't start the VM effectivly with default setting... Please Help.

I have attached the log herewith

Voicemail Server-vgl.zip

Voicemail Server-vgs.zip

Debug Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

One of the traces (1118_1245_vgEngine.txt) shows that a message left in voicemail box 0002 is then forwarded to another number. ie. VoiceGuide dials out and delivers a message, using script vmMsgDeliver.vgs to deliver the message when the call is answered.

So your quesiton:

why it is not asking for the PIN code for individual voicemail box even I mentioned it?

refers to the outbound message delivery? You want the system to ask the person answering the call to enter the PIN number in order to hear the message?

The vmMsgDeliver.vgs right now does not ask for the mailbox/pin.

Reading from your first post it looks like you want person to enter both their voicemial box number and pin - this is just liek if theyr were to dial into the voicemail system themselves to retrieve messages.

So the esiest way to get this done is to just use the same script tht is used when person logs into the voicemail box - the vmLogin.vgs script - on outbound message delivery calls instead (or you can edit the vmMsgDeliver.vgs script to incorporate the [VmLoginAskVmb], [VmLoginAskPin] and [VmLoginAskPin] modules from vmLogin.vgs)

Specifying which script is used on outbound message delivery calls is done in VG.INI - in section [Voicemail], change the entry VmScript_VmDeliver_Script to use the VmLogin.vgs script (or your own custom script) and change the VmScript_VmDeliver_Module appropriately as well - to VmLoginStart if you want to use the VmLogin.vgs script.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

NB. Are you using some external VBScript debugger to step through VBScritps ran from within VoiceGuide's 'Run VBScript' modules? the traces show that VBSCript from module [VmLmStart] took about a minute to complete. This simple script usually takes a fraction of a second. I assume that you were aware of this as caller leaving the message did not hangup during the minute's silence.