VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need To Start Script Before Dialing

I am sending calls to the que for specific tasks that the call receiver is required to perform.

Sometimes, the calls remain in the que for quite a while before they are actually made, and the "requirements" for that call have changed by the time the call is made.

Somehow, I need to be able to prevent the calls from being queued, or check just before the call is made, and be sure that the call is still required.

Can I start an outbound script running as soon as the call retrieved from the queue, and abort the call if it is no longer required?

It wouldn't be an issue if it was just once-in-a-while, but we're having more and more calls go out where we end up calling, the receiver answers, and then we say - sorry, you are no longer needed.

It is becoming an annoyance to them.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

Sounds like what is really required is to increase the number of lines used by system so that the calls that you are queuing to be made are actually promptly dialed.

If the call in VoiceGuide's outdial database no longer needs to be made then probably the best approach is to just delete that call from the database itself. This can be done using a 'DB Query' module or by an external application. You would need to know the database table names and column names to do this. More information on outdial database structure is here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/dial_vgdb_external_config.htm

If you can stop the call from being queued in the first place then that's even better.