VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hmp / Vista & Outbound VoIP calls

By the way I have tried to install HMP on vista but seems that it does only work with XP do you confirm?

Thk

Mh

HMP Release Notes only list WinXP and Win2003 as supported OSs.

Is there any issue to install the HMP on the same machine as where I have installed the dialogic driver for dialogic boards?

Tkx

Mh

It's likely that HMP and SR drivers cannot co-exist on the same machine.

Hi,

I have re-installed HMP on onother desktop PC but when starting the service I get the error message "ERROR STARTTING SERVICE"

I have no idea why this happens. I know this is more dialogic issue but maybe you could have met that kind of problems?

Thank you

Mh

Hard to say why this would be happening. Could you maybe .ZIP up and post the Dialogic logs? Maybe their logs are showing something obvious.

Hard to say why this would be happening. Could you maybe .ZIP up and post the Dialogic logs? Maybe their logs are showing something obvious.

Actually I have just downloaded the previous version oh HMP (255) and works fine.

thk

I spoke too quickly, in fact this happens when I use the evaluation licence. When I use th default included licence the service starts normally.

any idea?

thank you

Mh

So the problem only occurs if you apply the evaluation license?

Maybe the license has expired or is for a different HMP version?

Well I have generated a new licence using their form and indicated the mac adress and the probleme is the same.

When selecting the default licence (integrated in the HMP installation) it runs.

By the way is this evaluation version mandatory ? it seems that the default licence enables to run one line, and could be enough for testting isn't it?

tkx

Taking into account my previous post, I have made a real test with VG. I have uploaded one number in the dial loader.

I could see briefly the number in the line-status and nothing happens then.

Would you please be so kind to help me fixing that , here is the logs that I have just generated.

tnks

1107_0035_vgEngine.zip

By the way is this evaluation version mandatory ? it seems that the default licence enables to run one line, and could be enough for testting isn't it?

If it works then it would be OK for testing. Just wondering what happens once you purchase a HMP license and apply it.

I have uploaded one number in the dial loader. I could see briefly the number in the line-status and nothing happens then.

Trace shows that number loaded was not a valid IP address. On outbound VoIP calls hou need to specify the IP address to which this want the VoIP call to be made.

eg. if you are trying to call number 0388356612 via freephonie.net then the VoIP call destination IP address needs to be:

0388356612@IP Address of freephonie.net

Looks like freephonie.net is at IP address 212.27.52.5, so the number you need to load is:

0388356612@212.27.52.5

You may need to set CallerID to be your username at freephonie.net to make sure freephonie.net actually forwards your call.

It is best to first test all this out by just calling an IP address of a SIP phone on another machine on your local network. That way you will get to test the dialing out without needing to get all the authentication sorted out as well.

Here are some other threads that may help:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6455

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5647

OK,

I have made a test locally calling softphone (192.168.0.1). I can make the outgoing call indeed. so I have the follinwg questions:

1. when i answer the call from the softphone, the script is not played. I see on the linestatus "doing anser detection" what does the system expect to play the script?

2. I have made the test also through freephonie.net using number@freephonie.net still not ok. As it seems that my issue comes from my freephonie.net authentification settings ? Do you see anything logs that shows that I have something wrong ?

3. You said I must specify callerid as my freephonie.net account, where do I have to specify that ?

thank you

ps: hope you are not on week end yet :-)

1107_1722_vgEngine.txt

1. when i answer the call from the softphone, the script is not played. I see on the linestatus "doing anser detection" what does the system expect to play the script?

Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/detectcallanswer.htm

To have script start immediately specify DISABLE in the "Answering Machine Script" field. This will disable Dialogic's detection of when the call has been answered.

2. I have made the test also through freephonie.net using number@freephonie.net still not ok. As it seems that my issue comes from my freephonie.net authentification settings ? Do you see anything logs that shows that I have something wrong ?

We'd need to see the WireShark logs to be able to see what is happening on the VoIP call itself (see www.wireshark.org)

3. You said I must specify callerid as my freephonie.net account, where do I have to specify that ?

In the Call Options field. eg: specifying <CallerId>5551234</CallerId> would result in CallerId to be set to 5551234 on outgoing calls.

Hi

I have used wireshark . Please find logs in attachement.

I have also tested to direct call using a sipphone to dialout and it works

But when using VG I can't place outgoing calls.

Thank you

Mh

1109_1617_vgEngine.zip

WireShark trace shows that in response to an INVITE form HMP the SIP Server responds with a "407 authentication required".

The WireShark trace does not include the digest registration/authentication messages which were done at time the VoiceGuide service was started. Can you post a trace that includes the initial digest registration/authentication as well as the outgoing call?

Could you also try making the outgoing call while specifying the below in the Call Options field:

<CallerId>0952971220@freephonie.net</CallerId>

and also try using:

<CallerId>0952971220</CallerId>

Thanks for that.

Try making the outgoing calls while specifying the below in the Call Options field:

and also try using:

and post traces of the two calls (include preceding registration).

Edited by SupportTeam
wrong advice deleted. see: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6481&view=findpost&p=29084

Here you are ..

log-1:

log-2:

Hope this will help

Tkx

log-2.zip

Looks like you should be using:

in the Call Options field.

But now the traces show that the SIP server is issuing a '401 Unauthorized' request in response to the first REGISTER request from HMP.

In previous WireShark trace the SIP server was issuing an OK in response to the first REGISTER request from HMP.

(which in itself was a bit strange, you do not usually get just an OK in response to a REGISTER request)

In the current traces HMP is not responding to the '401 Unauthorized' digest authentication request. Not sure why this would be the case. Clearing the AuthUsername setting should not cause this.

Looks like we will need to get the system to Register properly first.

Could you please post ktTel and WireShark traces capturing system startup for these two situations:

1. The Config.xml <VoIP_Authentication> section, AuthUsername entry being blank. Like this:

<AuthUsername></AuthUsername>

2. The Config.xml <VoIP_Authentication> section, AuthUsername entry being set to 0952971220. Like this:

<AuthUsername>0952971220</AuthUsername>

Please ensure that no other VoIP software is running at same time as when HMP/VoiceGuide is being started.

In the previous two answers an incorrect field in Config.xml was asked to be modified.

In the <VoIP_Authentications> section in Config.xml:

The <AuthUsername> must be defined - it should not be left blank

It's the <Identity> field that should be left blank (<Identity> field was previously named the <Username> field. It was changed to <Identity> to stop confusion with <AuthUsername> field)

Looks like your current value of <Identity> filed is: sip:0952971220@freephonie.net

This works fine in the initial "401 Unauthorized" response from SIP server at digest registration time as the To line matches your <Identity> entry:

To: <sip:0952971220@freephonie.net>;tag=00-08123-0e1264ea-4e8559784

but in the "407 authentication required" response from SIP server at outbound call time the To line does not match your <Identity> entry:

To: <sip:0619601838@212.27.52.5>;tag=00-08128-0e1266e3-44e477fa2

Could you please set the <Identity> field to blank (and have AuthUsername left at <AuthUsername>0952971220</AuthUsername>).

If you still have problems please post the Config.xml as well as the WireShark and ktTel traces. (delete password in Config.xml before posting it).

I have also tested to direct call using a sipphone to dialout and it works

Could you also please post the WireShark trace of registration and the outbound call made using the sipphone, to let us compare the sipphone and HMP traces.

Hi

Here are the logs that I have setup with your requirements. Seems tht I still have a probleme somewhere.

Config.zip = logs of HMP / VG / Config.xml ..

log_direct_SIP_Call.zip = logs generated with a direct sip call that was placed with sucess.

thank you for your help!

MH

Config.zip

log_direct_SIP_Call.zip

The WireShark traces now show that the HMP can register with the SIP server, and then when placing the call the SIP server again requests digest authentication - but this time the SIP server replies with a:

403 Wrong login or password

even though the same login/password is used as was used to successfully register just a few seconds before.

Is it possible that the SIP server of the company through which you are trying to make the call is setup to restrict usage to only the SIP devices/softphones approved by this service provider?

Next step would probably to take the WireShark trace log111.pcap (in the Config.zip file) and forward it to freephonie, asking them why did they reply with 403 Wrong login or password in response to a INVITE request that used the same digest authentication login/password that was used to sucessfully log into their SIP server only 10 seconds before.

The sip provider that I'm using for testing is part of my ADSL internet offer. That provider enables to have a second telephone line that is SIP .

I'm affaid they will not help me in that issue by analysing logs and so on. So I will propably not use that provider to test HMP / VG (was free)

By the way I have tested with 3 or 4 softphones and it works. Why does HMP register 2 times ? (which do not do other softphones)

Tkx

Mh

The authentication is done twice as the SIP server requests it to be done twice (once at initial registration time, and second time at outgoing call time)

The softphone WireShark trace provided showed it authenticated twice.

Does the other direct test with softphone also do that ? does it mean that the logs are showing that too ?

Tks

Yes. The Softphone WireShark trace shows softphone authenticating twice (at initial registration and at outbound call time), with the SIP server accepting the digest authentication at outgoing call time.

In HMPs case the SIP server says the authentication at outgoing call time is invalid.

Not sure how this is possible as HMP has only one username/password defined and it is using that username/password to authenticate both the first and the second time.

It is possible to look at HMP logs as well if you'd like.

To enable HMP logging you need to edit file C:\Program Files\Dialogic\cfg\RtfConfigWin.xml (use Windows' Notepad to edit it)

Find this section:

<!-- Global Call (IP) -->

<Module family="DM3,HMP" name="libgcipm.dll" state="1" technology="IP">

and ensure the 11 lines below that heading have the 'state' setting set to 1.

Then find this section:

<!-- IP CCLIB GC_H3R SECTIONS -->

<Module family="DM3,HMP" name="gc_h3r" state="1" technology="IP">

and ensure the 7 lines below that heading have the 'state' setting set to 1.

The save the RtfConfigWin.xml, and then stop VG and restart HMP service using Dialogic DCM and then start VG again.

Then retry the outgoing call and capture the WireShark log and then stop VG and HMP and .ZIP up all the files in C:\Program Files\Dialogic\log subdirectory and post that and the WireShark log.

This will hep us confirm that HMP is using the right password to authenticate (we can already see that it is using the right username from the WireShark log)

(nb. please don't quote entire previous post when responding)