VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Textaloud Not Opening

Ever since I upgraded from ver 5 to 7, TextAloud has not been opening, indicating that sapi5 is not present. If I reload Sapi5, textaloud works for about a day and then won't open. What could the upgrade have done to my system to cause this. This was working fine with ver 5. Could something have been removed when I uninstalled ver 5? I have also reloaded textaloud several times and I have the latest version.

If I reload Sapi5, textaloud works for about a day and then won't open.

The software that you mention is not our product. The question should be posed to that software's manufacturer/supplier.

I did pose the question to textaloud and we have determined that your product is causing the problem. It works fine when IVR is not running. When IVR is running, textaloud won't open.

It looks like the software you mention is used by you to create WAV files using TTS. Is this what you are using it for? Why don't you just use VoiceGuide's inbuilt TTS to create and play TTS generated WAV files?

The reason I don't do it that way is because you can't play and preview the speech from the module. The only way to hear it is to call in.

In Textaloud I can create play and save the wav. file.

In my opinion, Voiceguide should not prevent another program from opening. This worked in ver 5, why is this a problem with ver 7.

The reason that I paid a thousand dollars to upgrade is so the system works better. So far I have more problems than I did with ver 5.

Most TTS engines come with apps that let you generate WAV files.

Also SAPI 5 SDK itself comes with an app that lets you do this - have a look in the SAPI 5 samples folder when you install the SAPI 5 SDK.

VoiceGuide does not do anything that prevents other programs from opening or continuing operation.

This issue can be similar to the issue reported by another customer here: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5916

If TTS is not being used within VoiceGuide then you can disable VoiceGuide from opening the SAPI engine altogether.

This can be done by editing VG.INI file in section [sAPI] and setting:

TTSEngine=DISABLE

and then restarting the VoiceGuide service.