VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error While Using Text-to-speech

Hi..

The first time I installed Voice Guide I was able to use the Text-To-Speech with no problems. after few scripts I switch to using Wav files. Now I'm building a new script using the Text-To-Speech but the problem is I keep hearing the world "blah" while saying the text !! The numbers are okay.

any clues ??

Note: I have switched to VoiceGuide v 4.9 from 5.0a due to a bug in eval function.

my current settings are : Win 2K with no SP installed.

Musaed

I keep hearing the world "blah" while saying the text

Could you please ZIP up together and post:

1. The script (just the .VGS file)

2. Copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the call.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

3. The TTS Wave file which is saved in VoiceGuide's \system\ subdirectory.

Hi again,

I think I found another way to get the Text-To-Speech to work.

What I did is change the Voice Selection from "Sample TTS Voice" to anything else such as "Microsoft Mary, Microsoft Mike or Microsoft Sam" it works fine !

I tried my script again using different Voice Selection it works fine but the sound quality comparing to "Sample TTS Voice" is very bad.

I tried to remove the Speech SDK and re-install it but no luck !!

Any ideas in this direction ??

Musaed

I think I posted the response just now..but I think it didn't go through..

anyways,

Attached is a .ZIP file that contains the Log file Generated from VoiceGuide using the script and the tts0.wav file that got generated using "Sample TTS Voice" Voice selection.

Musaed

tts0.zip

Looks like "Sample TTS Voice" is not a proper full TTS engine - it's just some sort of an incomplete sample provided by Microsoft and it should not be used as most words will be spoken as "blah" - which is what you are hearing...