VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Consultative Transfer Using Second Line

We have been playing around with VG using a modem, but just got our Dialogic boards and are starting to write/test for real.

When a call comes in, our script prompts the caller for an extension number. We want to grab a second line, call the user extension entered by the caller and then announce the callerid and ask the user if they want to accept the call.

If the user "presses 1 to accept" we actually want to do a blind transfer of the original inbound call using a standard hookflash.

If the user does not answer or fails to press the digit 1, we want to send the call to the VG voicemail box for that extension.

If we use the conference on a second line option within a "TransferCall" module, is there a way to go back and blind transfer the original inbound call on the line it came in on?

I just read "Dialout and Conference can only be done with these Dialogic cards: D/41EPCI, D/41ESC, D/41JCTLS, D/120JCTLS, D/160SC-LS and all digital cards: D/240SC, D/300SC etc" on the Support Forum.

Since we are using all D4/PCI, I am guessing from the above posting that dial-out and conference method we were going to try will not work any way.

Is there any way to get what we want with the 4 port analog board? (Many of our customers need either 4 or 8 analog ports.)

Since we are using all D4/PCI, I am guessing from the above posting that dial-out and conference method we were going to try will not work any way.

"Dialout and Conference" will not work with D4PCI, you will need to use one of the boards that you list.

If the PBX to which the D4CI is connected supports hookflash transfers you may want to look at the "Announced Conference" option.

Thanks for the quick response, but it does not answer my first question...

Can I write a script (with any Dialogic board) which will use a second line to announce the call, but then hang up the second line and do a blind transfer on the first line?

Can I write a script (with any Dialogic board) which will use a second line to announce the call, but then hang up the second line and do a blind transfer on the first line?

It can be done.

The call on the second line can be queued using the "Make Call" module.

After recipient of the call on the second line answers the call and accepts the call the script on the second line needs to signal to the first line that it can go ahead with the call transfer.

The easiest way to do this is to issue a Script_Goto command through VoiceGuide's COM interface to the first line. This means that the ID of the first line would have to be known as well.

The ID of the first line can be passed as a Result Variable to the second call at the time when the call is queued...

Thanks.

This is actually a better solution for us than the conference on second line, because we don't really want to "conference" the two calls.

When you say "using the COM interface" are you talking about writing an interface outside of the VG scripting window using a VG API of some sort, or is there an easy way to call another script from within the scripting window?

Do you have any sample scripts that do anything similar to this?

When you say "using the COM interface" are you talking about writing an interface outside of the VG scripting window using a VG API of some sort, or is there an easy way to call another script from within the scripting window?

VoiceGuide's COM interface is detailed in the Help file - there are also some examples in there which demonstrate how the various functions can be used.

Do you have any sample scripts that do anything similar to this?

The Scripted Voicemail scripts make extensive use of the COM interface - issuing commands to VoiceGuide via COM from within the "Run VB Script" modules.