VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Sound File Format Changed Between V6 And V7

Jose wrote:

I installed version 7 in a test PC, but the voice prompts changed. The voice pitch was very slow, and the words sounded slurred like a horror movie. Have you seen that problem before? Could it be a conflict between Voice Guide 7 and our Dialogic card? How can I replace the voice prompts that we recorded?

I do not want to install Voice Guide version 7 in our production PC until been sure that the voice prompts will not be corrupted.

Thanks for your attention to this matter.

Can you please .ZIP up an post the sound file that is giving you problems.

VoiceGuide v7 can play a number of different file formats. ULaw or ALaw are recommended formats but VoiceGudie will play also 11kHz or 8kHz 8bit/16bit PCM and will also play Dialogic VOX (ADPCM) files.

Once we see the sound file that is giving you problems we can better recommend what to do.

We recommend using ULaw or ALaw as these are the actual encodings used on the T1/E1 and VoIP connections - so if using the ULaw/ALaw formats the same actual file will be transmitted, without need to change from one format to another. For this reason v7 records n ULAw or ALaw format, so when recordings are played back the sound file data is not modified - it sounds exactly like the incoming sound file.