VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Playing Message From Manager

I posted this issue earlier and have not received an answer. Do you have an answer for this yet?

I can't play messages from voicemail manager. the message shows up, but when I press the play button, it does not play. The message is there, because I can play it if I go into VmSave file.

On VoiceGuide v7 the ULaw/Alaw format sound files need to be played using the Windows Sound Player.

Ths attached version of the Voicemail Manager launches the Windows Sound Player if the sound files need to be played locally on the server using the Voicemail Manager.

The default sound editor is the Windows SNDREC32.EXE application. If SNDREC32.EXE is not available on your system then the sound editor name/path can be set in the VG.INI file, in the [PlayRecordConfig] section, RecEditor entry.

[PlayRecordConfig]

RecEditor=SNDREC32.EXE

VgVmMgr_14.zip

This was working last night, but now it seems to work only sometime.

The attached log file has errors toward end of file.

Is this related and what is causing the error.

Manager error.zip

What is the actual error that you are encountering?

Please describe what is/isn't happening on the system when you get this error.

The trace provided just shows that the voicemail box definition file was not yet ready to be loaded by VoiceGuide, with the definition file loaded a second later. The fact that the definition file is not yet ready to load as it is still written to by the voicemail manger app is not an error, and we will remove it being flagged as an error in the logs.

The error I am encountering, is the first post in this topic.

"I can't play messages from voicemail manager. the message shows up, but when I press the play button, it does not play. The message is there, because I can play it if I go into VmSave file."

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

The provided voicemail manager app VgVmMgr_14 launches the sound recorder program (specified in the RecEditor VG.INI entry) if you want to play the sound files manually on the server itself.

Are you saying that the sound recorder program (set to SNDREC32.EXE by default) sometimes does not start? Or that once started it does not pay the sound file? Do you see the SNDREC32.EXE program appearing in the task manager and/or in the task list?

If there are problems starting the Windows Sound recorder application on this system then looks like the way to play the sound files locally on the server itself would be to go to the VoiceGuide's /data/VmSave/ subdirectory and play them from there using the sound editor of your choice. eg: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Then, to remove the voicemail message from the system you can just delete the sound file itself.

In most VoiceGuide setups the voicemail messages are listened to by users dialing into the system, or the voicemail messages sent by email to mailbox owner or delivered buy phone. But looks like on this system the messages are just listened to locally on the server itself. In this case you can use any sound editor to listen to the messages.