VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Finished Script Does Not Log Sit, Busy Or Disconnected

I am using a "Script to run when call is finished" to log the call details to an SQL database. This is working fine, but it seems to only be logging "completed" calls. Calls in the SIT, DISCONNECTED and BUSY call detail records do not appear in our SQL tables.

I would have expected to see these logged after the final retry.

What is the best way to log these as well?

That script is only ran when an established call is ended.

You should use the "Script to run when call is not answered" and the "Script to run when all retries are exhausted". These are available in VoiceGuide v7.

The 'OnHangup' script is associated with a particular 'active' script that is used during the call. If the call is never answered then no script was actually ever running on the line, so the 'OnHangup' script will not be called.

Note that each of the scripts used during the call can have a different 'OnHangup' script associated with it and during the call VoiceGuide can jump from one script to another - which can change which 'OnHangup' script is used when the call is actually ended.

Perfect - thank you.

For simplicity, I'd really like to call the same voiceguide script to log the OnRetriesExhausted events. I don't see .vgs in the list of supported file types - can I use this, or do I need to call it from a .vbs script? If the latter, what is the syntax?

While checking some other forum posting I found that I probably can't call a VGS script from RetriesExhausted. To bad - the only thing the script I am calling does is a database insert. I'd prefer to just keep one piece of code updated - maybe you will reconsider.

So, I setup a VBS script to call from OnRetriesExhausted. It never runs. Reviewing the log files it shows that parameter is not being passed. I tried upgrading to your 10-1-2009 release and received the same result, although the logs look a little different.

I have attached the logs for your review.

retriesexhausted.zip

Looking at the outdial XML file we can see that the OnRetriesExhausted XML entry is not properly formatted.

change:

<OnRetriesExhausted>c:\scripts\call_log.vbs<OnRetriesExhausted>

to:

<OnRetriesExhausted>c:\scripts\call_log.vbs</OnRetriesExhausted>

note the addition of the slash.

also change

<RetriesDelay>1</RetiesDelay>

to

<RetriesDelay>1</RetriesDelay>

XML can be quickly verified by viewing the XML file in any web browser.

Current XML:

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>8163589413</PhoneNumber>

<CampaignName>Test-Calls</CampaignName>

<OnAnswerLive>c:\scripts\info-call.vgs</OnAnswerLive>

<OnAnswerMachine>c:\scripts\info-call.vgs</OnAnswerMachine>

<RetriesLeft>1</RetriesLeft>

<RetriesDelay>1</RetiesDelay>

<RV>[Reason]{Renewal}[shortPolicyNum]{24331452}[insuredFullName]{Test Unanswered}[expirationDate]{03/04/2010}[PolicyBalance]{$248.00}[CancelDate]{00/00/0000}[Cell]{ }{ }[ProducerNo]{5514254}[ProducerSub]{00-00}[ProducerName]{THE INSURANCE HOUSE LLC}[ProducerPhone]{(417) 837-0100}[CurrentDue]{$248.00}[PolicyNum]{TM24331452-02}[effectiveDate]{09/04/2009}[policystate]{Missouri}[sR]{0}[CampaignName]{Post-Cancel25}[Policyid]{728900}[lienholder]{0}[paymentplan]{Standard}[vehYr1]{2000}[vehMake1]{Ford}[vehModel1]{EXPLORER XLS}[vehYr2]{ }[vehMake2]{ }[vehModel2]{ }[vehYr3]{ }[vehMake3]{ }[vehModel3]{ }[vehYr4]{ }[vehMake4]{ }[vehModel4]{ }[Zip]{65757}</RV>

<OnRetriesExhausted>c:\scripts\call_log.vbs<OnRetriesExhausted>

</OutDialEntry>

Correct XML:

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>8163589413</PhoneNumber>

<CampaignName>Test-Calls</CampaignName>

<OnAnswerLive>c:\scripts\info-call.vgs</OnAnswerLive>

<OnAnswerMachine>c:\scripts\info-call.vgs</OnAnswerMachine>

<RetriesLeft>1</RetriesLeft>

<RetriesDelay>1</RetriesDelay>

<RV>[Reason]{Renewal}[shortPolicyNum]{24331452}[insuredFullName]{Test Unanswered}[expirationDate]{03/04/2010}[PolicyBalance]{$248.00}[CancelDate]{00/00/0000}[Cell]{ }{ }[ProducerNo]{5514254}[ProducerSub]{00-00}[ProducerName]{THE INSURANCE HOUSE LLC}[ProducerPhone]{(417) 837-0100}[CurrentDue]{$248.00}[PolicyNum]{TM24331452-02}[effectiveDate]{09/04/2009}[policystate]{Missouri}[sR]{0}[CampaignName]{Post-Cancel25}[Policyid]{728900}[lienholder]{0}[paymentplan]{Standard}[vehYr1]{2000}[vehMake1]{Ford}[vehModel1]{EXPLORER XLS}[vehYr2]{ }[vehMake2]{ }[vehModel2]{ }[vehYr3]{ }[vehMake3]{ }[vehModel3]{ }[vehYr4]{ }[vehMake4]{ }[vehModel4]{ }[Zip]{65757}</RV>

<OnRetriesExhausted>c:\scripts\call_log.vbs</OnRetriesExhausted>

</OutDialEntry>