VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Could Not Recieve Call On My Ericson Pbx

Please help:

VG 6.0, Dialogic 41E, XP.

I could not recieve call on ERICSON BP250 PBX.

Scenario:

The PBX recieves 1 E1 and distribute to 30 boxes, each of these are

assigned a 4 digits codes for intercom as well.

The company provide port 10 for me to connect to my PC. This port has

a external line (diferent from its intercom number alternativ).

So, I attached a box and called the line (externally) from my mobile

phone, and it rings on the box directly. Ok. Now I put the jack in the

PC, but the VG could not pick the call. So I try use a fixed wireless

and VG pick the call. I dont know why it cant pick from the PBX extension.

please help.

Bemers

Is the extension line from your PBX a standard analog line? Or is it a digital line or some other propriety type line?

Try attaching a normal analog handset to that PBX line and see if that analog handset rings when that PBX line extension is called.

If the analog phone handset rings then you should be able to plug the same line into the Dialogic card as well.

What is this "box" that you mention in your post?

QT

Is the extension line from your PBX a standard analog line? Or is it a digital line or some other propriety type line?

>>I think its some digital line, because my own box(phone reciever) that works with other fixed terminal could not get a dialing tone when connected to their line, except their own phone box (which they told me is digital). If this is the case, what can I do? I have to implement on their PBX (Ericson BP250 PBX on 1 E1) with already licenced VG 6.0, I have made too much mouth that it is possible. Help

QT

Try attaching a normal analog handset to that PBX line and see if that analog handset rings when that PBX line extension is called.

>>My own analogg handset does not but their own digital handset does.

QT

If the analog phone handset rings then you should be able to plug the same line into the Dialogic card as well.

>>It does not ring.

QT

What is this "box" that you mention in your post?

>>phone handset

Is it possible they (owner) re-configure one line for analoq, for use with VG?

Dialogic 41E card only accepts (standard) analog phone lines. Like the lines that your Telco would supply if you asked them for a phone line.

You should reconfigure the PBX to have the PBX supply you with an analog line.

Thank you! I will do that.

After I make one line (out of the 30 lines on the pbx) for analoq and eventually works with vg, will vg be able to do call transfer to other lines (digital line )? I.e will the normal intercom call be able to make from the analog line (extension) to the other digital lines (exensions) and vise versa.?

Analog lines usually support hookflash transfers, and VoiceGuide can perform hookflash transfers.

If hookflash transfers are not supported on your lines then you will need to use "Dial and Conference" type transfers.

Thank you, it has worked.

They re-configure 1 line for analog, and that was it, it can receive calls now. Even hookflash worked without any issue.

But:

1. The callerID did not show, on both when connected to analog handset and ofcourse on the VG.

Is there something they can do on that Erricson PBX to PUSH callerID to the phone handset when ringing?

2. How can VG do call hunting? I.e if Extension number A is BUSY, try call number B, until say D. If none is available, it play a file (e.g all attendants are busy now, press 1 to try again or simply hangup) and hangup. I know I can create a nested call transfer modules to achieve this, but how does VG know when the called number is busy or ringing?

Is there something they can do on that Erricson PBX to PUSH callerID to the phone handset when ringing?

You will need to ask the PBX administrator this question. PBXs usually can only send CallerID as Inband Signaling - not as FSK encoded data between rings as Telcos do.

how does VG know when the called number is busy or ringing?

Using tone detection. Tones are specified in the ConfigLine.xml file.

QT:

Using tone detection. Tones are specified in the ConfigLine.xml file.

>> Is tone detection supported by dialogic 41E and VG 6.0?

Because that is what I use, otherwise, can I use Call Transfer with Monitor instead of hookflash? Since Monitor will ensure that the called party is atleast ringing before it proceeds to a success path (it can hangsup here)and if not atleast ringing it means its busy or not available then it proceeds to fail path (it can nest to next operator here). Is this a workable alternative?

You should look at using the Monitored or Announced transfer options in v6. Monitored transfer returns success after call is answered - by listening for live/machine answer on the line.

QT:

You will need to ask the PBX administrator this question. PBXs usually can only send CallerID as Inband Signaling - not as FSK encoded data between rings as Telcos do.

>> I use Ericsson BP250 PBX and it supports Inband Signalling, can you send the "Inband Signaling Definition File" for this PBX, that does basically recieves the callerID.

Please see this Help file topic for information on setting up the Inband Signaling file: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/inbandsignaling.htm

The inband signaling sent depends on PBX configuration, so it is something that needs to be done on a case by case basis.

If you have problems creating the file please post the DTMF strings captured and indicate which numbers in the string represent the CallerID and we can then create the appropriate Inband Signaling Definition file for you.

QT:

If you have problems creating the file please post the DTMF strings captured and indicate which numbers in the string represent the CallerID and we can then create the appropriate Inband Signaling Definition file for you.

>> Find the attached log.

I created a Get Input module to capture the DTMF string, but in the log I dont seem to see what am expecting. Anyway check and see yourself.

Below is an exerpt from the manual that shows it supports Inband Signalling:

1.0 METHOD OF INTEGRATION

With inband integration, one pathway between the PBX and the Octel

200/300 message server transmits both call information and voice

communications. The pathway is provided by 2-wire analog single-line

circuits that connect to DLC16 cards in the Octel system. The DLC 16

simulates 2-wire analog lines. Calls to an Octel port receive call/ calling

information in DTMF format prior to cut-through of the voice path. The

Octel system answers and plays the appropriate greeting. Message-waiting

indication is set and canceled using DTMF commands over the same

pathway.

Trace shows no DTMF tones were sent to the IVR.

You can confirm whether the PBX sends DTMF tones by attaching a normal analog handset to the line - then when call arrives pick up the handset and see if any DTMF tones can be heard from the PBX on that line immediately after handset is picked up (within the first second of the handset being picked up).

I don't seem to hear any DTMF at the test. Does this test shows 100% that it does not support Inband Signalling? Is there not something else that can be done, since the manual says it support Inband Signalling?

You may need to configure the PBX so that it actually sends the inband signaling. PBX do not send the inband signaling by default, and it needs to be explicitly turned on.