VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Transfer Only

Please help;

I use xp and vg 6.0.

I want VG to ONLY transfer calls, i could do all others that I wanted for now.

Now, with a phone reciever, this is the process:

1. Recieve the call

2. press the flash

3. there is a delay of about a second or less with beep sound

4. I start entering the phone number (at this time the caller hears 'please hold, your caller is busy now' message)

5. I press the flash again

6. then i start hearing song (like 2-3 seconds) then the ringing begins

7. Once ringing starts, I hangup, and the ring is now transfer to the original caller ear.

This exacly how my phone (fixed wireless terminal) does its transfer to external line.

Please help how do I make my vg to exactly this.

Bemers

If you want to precisely control what hookflashes and DTMF tones are sent by the Dialogic card then the simplest and clearest way is to use a series of Play modules linked by timeout paths.

See attached file. Adjust timeout values as required, and use $RV for the phone number if you don't want a hard set value.

Note that this approach just waits for X seconds after dialing second hookflash.

It is also possible to do some tone detection if you know exactly what the ringback tone will always sound like. Using ringback tone detection would improve system response as it can then be made to hangup immediately when ringback is heard, and not after X seconds.

hookdialhookhangup.vgs

Thank you, this is exactly what I need.

You mentioned using ringback tone, how do I achieve that also if I want to use it?

In VoiceGuide v7 you can define tones in the ConfigLine.xml file, and then when Dialogic card detects those tones on the line, then an event will be sent to VoiceGuide and you can setup a path in the script to go to another module if that event arrives.

The ConfigLine.xml already has some tones defined. You can add more user defined tones as you need them.

Ok, but am using VG 6, does that means it is not possible to acieve auto-detect ringback tone with vg 6?

Secondly:

I have a fixed terminal phone 'A', when I call the line, vg 6, picks the calls and start running the modules. But when it gets to cpturing key data input/entered from my phone, it does not capture anything on vg, and the modules times out eventually. I'll like to use the phone because it has call transfer feature. Although when I used another terminal 'B' of defferent manufacturer, it capture fine and works well, but it cannot normally do a call transfer.

I want to use the 'A' that can normally do call transfer on analog handset.

Attached is the log calls made on 'A. thank for your quick response.

I did a test:

with 'A', I connected in simultenously a phone handset to the second port of the phone terminal, and after the vg has picked, i also pick the handset to monitor process, so when it got to inputing number, i press the handset keys and it show on vg, but the real caller phone keys will not show. please help.

Custom user tone events are not supported in v6.

key data input/entered from my phone

Is the caller pressing the keys on their phone, or are you pressing keys on phone attached in parallel to VoiceGuide's line? Please describe in detail how this system is set up and what is being done.

QT:

Is the caller pressing the keys on their phone, or are you pressing keys on phone attached in parallel to VoiceGuide's line? Please describe in detail how this system is set up and what is being done.

>>Both are done simulteneusly, the caller keys are not captured, but a paralel phone receiver keys are captured. and when i remove the paralel phone from the PC and try again, the caller phone keys still is not reflecting on the vg.

If the callers keypresses are not recognized then maybe there is some distortion on the line that prevent them from being detected. You can confirm any line distortions by using a record module to record what is heard on the line when caller presses the keys.

I will check if there is any distortion, but should there be any, what is the solution?

Maybe if the distortion is small then maybe a newer Dialogic card would have a better chance of detecting the DTMF tones.

I understand that you are using a D/41E - which is an older card.

Lets see if it is something on the line that is affecting the sound or not - maybe it's just the callers handset that is used that does not send the DTMF tones clearly.