VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voip Vs Dialogic Boards

Hi,

I'm planning to increase the number of lines on my outdialing system to 60.

I'm currently using D/120 JCT boards. Do you think I should switch into voip or for that number of lines or is it better to keep usging dialogic boards.

Actually i dont really know what are the advantages of each of the solution for outdialing needs.

Please advise

Mh

If you do not have a good technical knowledge of VoIP and the network level routing and bandwidth requirements then it's probably best not to use it. The quality of your system will mainly depend on the interconnectivity between your system and the VoIP provider, and for a 60 line system you will need connection that has a reserved low latency bandwidth of 4Mbit. This usually means you have to co-locate at same data center as your VoIP provider. Setting up a larger VoIP system requires more techical knowledge then setting up E1 ISDN or T1 ISDN based system.

For outdialing system we'd recommend using E1 ISDN or T1 ISDN lines, and Dialogic cards. Suggest using the Dialogic DMV600B card. It can accept two E1 or two T1 trunks.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Hi,

I'm in france so here we mainly use E1 isdn trunks. For that use do you think that D/300JCT-E1-120 could be ok.

I'm was a little bit affraid of the complexity of configuring that board, isn't it?

Tkx

Mh

Hi,

I'm in france so here we mainly use E1 isdn trunks. For that use do you think that D/300JCT-E1-120 could be ok.

I'm was a little bit affraid of the complexity of configuring that board, isn't it?

Tkx

Mh

Any advise on that point please?

Thank you

E1 ISDN configuration is fairly straightforward. Most of the time you just plug in the E1 trunk from Telco, set the ISDN protocol setting in the Dialogic Configuration Manager (DCM) to "CTR4" and it works straight away. Pretty much every Telco providing E1 services standardizes on 'EuroISDN' protocol (which is what the 'CTR4' setting is), so plugging the provided line into the Dialogic card and setting that setting is all that is needed.

Some PBXs use different protocols, but Dialogic supports every E1 protocol that is out there, so it's just the question of selecting the right protocol in the DCM. We have not yet come across an E1 ISDN or T1 ISDN that we couldn't get the Dialogic card to work with.

D/300JCT is fine for a single E1 connection. The newer card is the DMV300B, see: http://www.dialogic.com/products/tdm_boards/media_processing/DMVB_Boards_DM3.htm .

For a 60 line system you will need two E1 lines, and we'd recommend using a DMV600B card for this setup.

Hi Support team,

Finally I have installed the D/300 JCT board and did what you have advised to me . I have set the protocol to CTR4

and started eveything but I can't to any calls for now.

The light on the D/300 JCT-E1 board is red. Please find in attachement the logs that I have just generated right now.

Thank you for your help.

Mh

post-375-126574595855_thumb.jpg

log.zip

The light on the D/300 JCT-E1 board is red.

If the light on the D/300JCT-E1 board is red then this means that the cable that is plugged into it is not carrying any E1 signaling.

Suggest you confirm that that E1 trunk is enabled and then check the cabling itself. Use loopback connectors and loopback test modes on PBX/Switch to check cabling.