VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Single Database Multiple Vg Servers

I have two servers running VG - each processing two T-1's each. Currently each uses their own database and I populate them by writing 50 records to one, then 50 records to the other, and so on.

Is there any reason why both servers (both instances of VG) can't use a single (the same) database. It would make life a lot easier especially when generating "sent" reports

Jeff

This would require to modify the SQL queries issued to the database by VoiceGuide. VoiceGuide would need to use locking during the retrieval of call data etc, and all this quickly becomes database specific (and locking also slows down database performance).

What database are you using for storing the outbound calls? (MSSQL Sever? MySQL? some other one?)

We use MS Sql 2005. I figured that since each record has a unique ID, there shuld not be any issues. Read-RowLock-Update-Release Lock

Jeff

Yes that would essentially be the approach, some type of locking and transaction grouping would need to be used by the read+update task.

MSSQL Server has support for such operations, so what you require here can be done, but would require modification to VoiceGuide code itself, so you would need to contact sales@voiceguide.com regarding this.

(Please include a link to this support forum thread in your email).