VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Stored procedure in SQL

Ok, I will post if the problem occur again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm trying to use 'Query Database' Task in script, calling a stored procedure in SQL. The stored procedure check some tables etc, then returns a query with information necessary to the next step.

The syntax is:

EXEC dbo.proc_ura_teste @id = '$RV[AskCallerForID]';

But this query not runs well. Always returns the 'fail' result.

I tested the connection string, permissions etc, and all is ok.

What is wrong ?

Thanks

Reading the vgEngine log, I verified that when I use stored procedure, the system treats it as a "NonQuery" syntax. I'm using. Is it ok ?

---------------------------------------------------

102047.405 6 1 1 db fctry RunQuery_AdoNetFactory QryNum, System.Data.SqlClient, Data Source=laboratorio\desenv;Database=acionamento_cobranca;User ID=acionamento_cobranca;Password=#####I REMOVED HERE#####, EXEC dbo.proc_ura_teste @id = '123456789';

102047.405 6 1 1 db fctry new db thread started.

102047.405 12 1 1 db fctry connection create call.

102047.405 12 1 1 db fctry connection open call.

102047.405 12 1 1 db fctry connection open returned.

=====> 102047.405 12 1 1 oVgmDbQuery_AdoNetCommon_Completed SqlQueryType=NONQUERY, RowsCount=-1

----------------------------------------------------

Ok, thank you.

I made as examples to try to recover data from a select returned by the stored procedure without success.

Change the stored procedure to return data via output parameters. It worked.

Rafael (or support) can you post an example. I can not get output paramaters to work

Jeff

This is really more of a VBScript related question rather then a VoiceGuide related question.

Probably best to search on Google using a term something like this: "VBScript stored procedures output parameters"

This should bring up some relevant information.

i can do it in VB, no prob. I have been unable to use output paramaters when calling a stored procedure from the database query object as with the below example, even when the paramater in the sp is cast as 'output'.

exec UpdateMDOHCallLog '$RV[uID]', '$RV[GetETA]', '$RV[ArrivalTimeIn24HourFormat]'