VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Windows Server 2008 64

Hello,

I have a 2008 64 bit server, the dialogic card starts (D/4PCIU) with the proper drivers, the card starts fine. When I installed VG 7.0.9 VG does not start, when I install VG 7.0.7 it starts but then stops, the status on the IVR says running then after a few seconds it stops. Do you have a variant of VG that runs on a 64 bit 2008 platform? We build systems for clients and add our intellectual property, but in this case there is a requirement for this machine to be a 64 bit 2008 server.

Are any log files created in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory?

Please .ZIP up and post the log files.

We are still looking into this.

What other software is being installed on the machine that gives it a requirement to be the 64bit Win2008?

My client has a database on this machine that needs more than 4 gig ram, so they needed 64 bit, they want to use this machine. I don't want to purchase another machine for them out of my pocket. I really don't understand why you care, I simply want to know if you have a variant that works, if not please let me know asap.

We have identified what was stopping VoiceGuide v7.0.9 from starting up on x64 systems.

Please see at end of this post for download link of version which includes the fix.

To confirm correct operation we have:

- intalled a new Win2008 Server (Standard) 64 bit on a clean HD
- installed on it the Vista/Win2008 version of the Dialogic SR6.0 Drivers (SU235)
- placed a D/4PCIU card in system
- installed .NET 3.5 SP1 / 3.5.1 (This was done using the Server Manager to enable the Application Server role.)
- installed attached file.
- changed the config.xml (in conf subdirectory) to reflect the default location of software is now in C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceGuide\ and hence the paths to scripts have changed.
- dialed in and went all the way through the default test script (credit card payment script) enering data and having the CC number and amount spoken back and then saved in file as per the script.

If you still have problems please let us know and we will assist further.

[old link removed]

Now that we are running, the system answers, prompts are played, input accepted, it appears that the TTS enging is not working through VG. I have tested the text to speech on the server by going into the TTS control panel and playing speech. Is there any possibility you could quickly test your TTS on your sample configuration?

Never mind, I have found the issue, in 64 bit you MUST put in the default voice in vg.ini, it will not default.