VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Complex Numbers For Dialer?

Hi,

I reviewed the on line guide, searched through the forum posts and scanned forum subjects, but could not find anything on complete dial strings. I am attempting to use the dialer to dial a switch code + phone number + pause (,?) + a suffix. The voice team is demanding that I use a suffix so that they can charge back all long distance calls. The switch code will be something like 88 or 80. Then a regular 10 digit number. Then a pause, which I hope can be implemented with a comma. And finally a suffix code of 4 to 6 digits. My question is, does voiceguide support the pause with a comma? Also, will voiceguide pass on the suffix code?

Thanks in advance,

Yes, you can include the pause character (comma) in the dial string.

There is a number of other control characters that can be included as well (wait for tone etc.).

The length pause resulting form the use of the comma can be changed in the config file as well.

The dial string can be as long as you like, with any prefixes and suffixes etc. as you chose.

I use a suffix so that they can charge back all long distance calls. The switch code will be something like 88 or 80. Then a regular 10 digit number. Then a pause, which I hope can be implemented with a comma. And finally a suffix code of 4 to 6 digits.

This will be fine.