VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Comcast Or Vonage?

Probably Comcast, as the provider would probably take better care (QoS wise) of their own VoIP traffic then of some other company's VoIP traffic.

For VoIP traffic you do not really need a Dialogic card. You can use the Dialogic HMP drivers instead.

If you use a Dialogic card then you will need a Media Converter to convert VoIP<->Analog, and any conversion slightly degrades sound quality.

Media Converter is the box that you would otherwise plug your normal analog phone into. Instead of attaching the line leaving from it to the phone you would plug the line into the Dialogic card's port.

we have the system running now but have been having trouble with I assume the modem we are using (internal) in that it either starts playing the message too soon or doesnt recognize voice mail and leaves a partial message. How do I overcome that issue?

I guess I am a little confused. The main problem I am trying to solve is to make the messages begin playing at the correct time. I assumed the modem was causing the problem, so I started looking into dialogic boards in order to solve that problem. What does cause the wav file to play too soon ?

Are you using VoiceGuide with a voice modem to place outbound calls?

For outbound calls you should use a Dialogic card and VoiceGuide v6 or v7 (preferably v7 as it has more options).

Yes, that was what we were doing, with no success. I have Comcast and Vonage lines. What card(s) would work? Or would it be better to get a regular line from the phone company?

Let me give you a better idea of what we want the software to do. We are making outbound calls, with a script allowing the call recipient to press 1 to leave a message for a later callback. Ideally, we want to be able to do live transfers as well. I was told that we need a board with a station port to do that, but am not sure if that is correct or even which boards have that. Is there an alternate way to do the transfer?

So I need to know

1. Which Dialogic board will work with either vonage or comcast lines

2. Which board will allow us to do live transfers

3. Will getting the board solve the problem we are having of the message playing too soon or not at all

If you could tell me which board will allow the script to work as we have it now (press 1 to leave a message) and which board will allow both that AND live transfer, as I assume there are price differences between a board that can do a little and a board that can do a lot. We are looking for a relatively inexpensive solution to this and will most likely be looking to buy a used board after getting your response.

To do a live transfer you can dial out on another line and connect the two called people together. This is called a "Dial and Conference" or "Tromboned" transfer. If you have a PBX you can do a 'Hookflash' type transfer as well.

To do "Dial and Conference" transfer you will need a Dialogic D/41JCT card. If you want to get a used one then have a look on EBay for them.

3. Will getting the board solve the problem we are having of the message playing too soon or not at all

Yes, but note that detection of answering machines vs live people is about 95% accurate.