VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Escallation Onanswermachine Waits For End Of Message

We are making outbound collections calls. I have another thread on a delay before escallation (as we are calling the same number) but I have found another issue.

When we don't have an Escalation the OnAswerMachine script plays fine. When we have "retry" set in the main module and get to the Escalation section and an answering machine is detected VG just sits waiting for the end of the recording, and never plays the script.

Could this be due to the number of Result Variables we have set? The <RV> line is over 575 characters.

If not, any other ideas?

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>5551212</PhoneNumber>

<CampaignName>Test-Calls</CampaignName>

<OnAnswerLive>c:\scripts\Post-Cancel02.vgs</OnAnswerLive>

<OnAnswerMachine>retry</OnAnswerMachine>

<RetriesLeft>3</RetriesLeft>

<RetriesDelay>50</RetriesDelay>

<RV>[Variable1]{data} (FOLLOWED BY A LOT MORE VARIABLES)

<Escalation>

<OutDialEntry>

<PhoneNumber>5551212</PhoneNumber>

<CallTime>Now+10</CallTime> (DOES NOT TAKE EFFECT, CALL IS MADE IMMEDATELY)

<CampaignName>Test-Calls</CampaignName>

<OnAnswerLive>c:\scripts\Post-Cancel02.vgs</OnAnswerLive>

<OnAnswerMachine>c:\scripts\Post-Cancel02.vgs</OnAnswerMachine>

<RetriesLeft>0</RetriesLeft>

<RV>[Variable1]{data} Followed by a LOT more variables

</OutDialEntry>

</Escalation>

</OutDialEntry>

Please post the traces capturing the loading of the XML and the outbound call made.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Here they are. I also added the <ActivateTime>Now+5</AcitvateTime> parameter we had working in another thread.

This test call dialed, received an AM and hung up each time until the last retry, then dialed back immediately and recieved an AM, which was detected. It then waited for the message to complete for several minutes.

escalation_issue.zip

I also found an issue with logging a few records that only contain [scriptStart_Time], [Hangup Source], and [CallHangupTime]. The time stamps on these predate the first call in the log.

I have attached one of the vgl files from the calls made during the traces attached in the previous post.

Post_Cancel25.zip

Please update your system to with this version of VoiceGuide:

[removed]

This version should fix the Now+ notation bug on escallation calls.

The reason why answering machine message was not being started was because the script details were not being loaded after the Now+ notation caused an error while loading the escallation call info.

Please note that v7.1 has a slightly different OutDial DB table structure, so if using external DB please delete those tables as well and let VoiceGuide re-create them on startup.

Regarding the .vgl logs can you please .ZIP up the vgEngine traces which cover that time. We can then see what happened on system at this time and why these .vgl entries were created.

Edited by SupportTeam
removed download link

I'll test the new version tonight.

I have emailed the traces and a section of one of last nights vgl files.

I updated to the version in your link, but the VG service will not start. I tried an inplace upgrade and restarted the system. Same errors each time in the system event log, shown below:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: SideBySide

Event Category: None

Event ID: 32

Date: 7/17/2009

Time: 7:30:11 PM

User: N/A

Computer: VRU-01

Description:

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event ID: 59

Description:

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Event ID: 59

Description:

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\ktTelCommon.dll. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

After the upgrade to the interim release you provided I reinstalled 7.0.9 and it is working again.

If you have another update for me to test the Now+nn in an escalation let me know.

Looks like the prerelease version provided required some different DLLs to be present on system. The Now+n notation should work in the upcoming v7.1

A newer pre-release version can be downloaded here: [old link removed]
This version should not have the DLL dependency that stopped the previous version from starting on your system.
You will need to uninstall your current version of VG and if using external OutDial DBs then you will need to drop tables in those DBs and let VG re-create them as the table structure is different.